Burning Amp 2018 Updates Thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Spanish word.

They could hear them across the water. Had to be torture.

Apparently Frank was a genius. Prison closed down after the escapes, but probably had more to do with the economics of keeping an island prison running and there was abuse found.

Last edited:
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I was outside when this sailed into view.

:yes:

"Stealing the Enterprise" playing in the background.....

Attachments

• Enterprise-.jpg
    Enterprise-.jpg
    769.1 KB · Views: 574
These swimmers were out there yesterday. They came from the direction of Alcatraz, swam under a pier then headed back out the same way.

I heard a theory that those prisoners made it off the island by holding on to the back of the last guard shuttle boat of the night. This was apparently an activity the brothers had engaged in frequently as kids.

Also, I'm sorry for the quality of the photos and especially videos. The files seem to get mangled when sent via text and were too big for email. I was just hoping to give everyone an idea of what it was like to be there. Huge thanks to Mike for posting them.

Best regards,
Paul

Attachments

• IMG_8821.jpg
    IMG_8821.jpg
    806.2 KB · Views: 552
... Also, I'm sorry for the quality of the photos and especially videos. The files seem to get mangled when sent via text and were too big for email...
I was wondering who takes video footage on 240p these days! But that makes a bit more sense. :)

Thanks for sharing... it was great from those of us remotely waiting for some news on BAF.

Best,
Rafa.
Edit and PS: Any chance of a 're-upload' now that you can put them in youtube in HD? :)

Last edited:
What is know new to build for hobby amateurs after BAF2K18

1| Preamplifier by Mr Colburn

2| Active crossover LXMini + 2 version ? by Mr Wiz

3| Single - Ended Sony Vfet amp kit's by Papa DIY

4| H2 generator by Mr Pass

any probably more..?

Attachments

• 7CED82A7-9C4F-4D0D-BC16-C055D27A6B99.JPG
    7CED82A7-9C4F-4D0D-BC16-C055D27A6B99.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 798
  • 8C367665-884D-4249-8E54-6F950EB916CD.JPG
    8C367665-884D-4249-8E54-6F950EB916CD.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 817
Is the H2 generator meant to be permanent in the audio chain…...or just for education purpose to learn how 2nd H sounds?
Normally you just want the signature of the amp ifself…...e.g. ACA, M2? …..and if using a BA3 pre you can adjust the distortion…..you probably just use that?

Maybe if there is a H2 YouTube from BA 2018......I get all the answers…….

Quoting someone much smarter than me about "adding" H2 :) :
...Some purists argue that this is some sort of violation of the recording, that playback should be as accurate as possible. It's a valid opinion, but it's not my purpose to argue that point here.

My own view is that this is entertainment - not Dialysis - and the customer should use
whatever makes him happy. After all, he is the guy who pays for it.

Read about it here while the YouTube video arrives ;) :
http://www.firstwatt.com/pdf/art_h2.pdf

Best,
Rafa.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.