H2

@All,
DAMN!

Today I called DHL and asked about the parcel ... returned to sender because wrong / missing custom declaration was the answer. :-( So 81USD are gone ...

@Pete,
Hopefully it will come back to you in a reasonable condition. If it back to you we find another way, please let me know then.
Pete don't get me wrong, our customs officials are sometimes a bit strange .....

:mad:

Last edited:
Joined 2019
Paid Member
Dang! I’m holding a copy of the USPS generated customs declaration in my hand. I’m not sure why DHL has the delivery since it was sent thru the Postal Service unless that’s the usual handoff in your country.

I will keep you all informed.

Carsten: do you know of any Importer I can use in the USA to get it to Germany?

Pete

@All,
DAMN!

Today I called DHL and asked about the parcel ... returned to sender because wrong / missing custom declaration was the answer. :-( So 81USD are gone ...

@Pete,
Hopefully it will come back to you in a reasonable condition. If it back to you we find another way, please let me know then.

:mad:

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Well, that wasn’t the case at the time that I mailed them.

Damn virus…

Pete

Huston we have a problem
International Service Alerts - Newsroom - About.usps.com
Suspension Due to Unavailability of Transportation

Afghanistan
Guadeloupe
New Zealand**
Tajikistan
Australia *
Laos
Reunion (Bourbon)
Timor-Leste
Bhutan
Libya
Saint Pierre and Miquelon (Miquelon)
Turkmenistan
Brunei
Martinique
Samoa
Yemen
Cuba
Mayotte
South Sudan
French Guiana
Mongolia
Syria
Customers: please refrain from mailing items addressed to the countries listed here, until further notice.

Dang! I’m holding a copy of the USPS generated customs declaration in my hand. I’m not sure why DHL has the delivery since it was sent thru the Postal Service unless that’s the usual handoff in your country.

I will keep you all informed.

Carsten: do you know of any Importer I can use in the USA to get it to Germany?

Pete

It is usual. DHL Deutsche Post is the officially instated postal service in the German Lands.

albertNL
If you have paid out any costs you can bill us for what you have paid out so your not carrying the burden on costs, just a thought.
Thank you all for your efforts, it will eventually be sorted.

Thanks for the offer. I am fine for now and PayPal fixed costs are so ridiculous, I think we best wait until we have a final figure. Let's wait to see
a) that the package returns to Pete (turion64) in one piece and
b) if there is some other way to get it down under.

@turion64: Pete, assuming it comes back in good condition, can you check what postage via DHL, Fedex or one of the others would cost? I am not sure about using DHL, because I am also still waiting for a package my brother-in-law sent a month ago from Germany.

Got our first one working. I have to build a couple for friends, so I made a test frame for easy mounting and testing.

The voltage at T2 is set to the value written on the bag. If I understand it correctly, that represents 1% distortion. It sounds even better than the previous version - maybe due to the better caps we're using.

Thank you for your generosity NP.

he5jHMZ.jpg

Joined 2019
Paid Member
The shipment is taking a circuitous route back to me but it’s getting closer to being back in my hands. Should be soon….:xfingers:

Since DHL seems to be the major player in Germany, they are the leading candidate for the next try, unless someone has a better option for me.

Pete

Any news of the boards for Europe? Are they back in the US? And what is the plan now?

Joined 2019
Paid Member
I hope those little resistors can support the weight of those big Muses….
LOL

;)

Got our first one working. I have to build a couple for friends, so I made a test frame for easy mounting and testing.

The voltage at T2 is set to the value written on the bag. If I understand it correctly, that represents 1% distortion. It sounds even better than the previous version - maybe due to the better caps we're using.

Just checking on this. Is the voltage written on the bag set to produce 1% distortion?

Reducing voltage at T2 means higher distortion?

Am I reading this correctly?

Thanks.