Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

H2
H2
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th October 2019, 08:16 PM   #291
papasteack is online now papasteack  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinel View Post
[B] [...]
But; how does the three signal variations sound via headphones and loudspeaker? I was surprised as you are now. Great and this is not an overstatement.
Hard to understand all, and evaluate, lacking of pratice, experience, and knowledge, but not of curiosity... if i want to experiment :
1. i have to build the shematic from class aP post #200
3.Bias diode as shown in post #208 of class aP thread => i don't understand the constant source shematic variation in connection to ground between this one and the one of post 200...wich one do i do ?
4.Choose and build one of the H2 generator shematics here
5.connect outputs of buffers of class aP generator, before their 1k resitors, to the inputs of H2 generator
6. send directly the jensen output to a amp, and that's all ?
Old 17th October 2019, 10:00 PM   #292
Antoinel is offline Antoinel  United States
diyAudio Member

H2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Pass View Post
We are on pins and needles.

By comparison, I am dancing barefoot on hot embers waiting patiently for an H2 Harmonic Generator [H2HG]; gratis from you. [H2HG] is a precious catch/find to me and hopefully to more others . I will treasure it simple engineering and sonic value. Because my experiments with [H2] have already given me an in-depth understanding of your article and an appreciation of its sonic consequence.

Best
Anton
Old 17th October 2019, 10:51 PM   #293
diyAudio Member

H2
Quote:
Originally Posted by papasteack View Post
Hard to understand all, and evaluate, lacking of pratice, experience, and knowledge, but not of curiosity... if i want to experiment :
1. i have to build the shematic from class aP post #200
3.Bias diode as shown in post #208 of class aP thread => i don't understand the constant source shematic variation in connection to ground between this one and the one of post 200...wich one do i do ?
4.Choose and build one of the H2 generator shematics here
5.connect outputs of buffers of class aP generator, before their 1k resitors, to the inputs of H2 generator
6. send directly the jensen output to a amp, and that's all ?
Hello papasteack,

Thanks for your post. May I suggest:

1 Experiment first with the H2 Harmonic Generator [H2HG] by Mr. Pass. It is absolutely simple. It already has the electrical connection points for the original music, and the resultant music enriched with either H2 negative phase [H2np] or H2 positive phase [H2pp]. By using small switching relays you will be able to compare the subjective sound from the 3 different signals. I hope that you already have a good understanding of the article by Mr. Pass on [H2HG].

2. My experiments and their prototypes are complicated; but detailed. I can experiment at will because I have the time and the practical tools; like the Class aP Generator which I assembled several years ago. That came from a long study!

3. Still, my experiments and prototypes are easy to assemble on prototype board like I show; that if you choose to as you wrote in your post above.

Best
Anton
Old 19th October 2019, 07:32 PM   #294
diyAudio Member

H2
Mr. Pass asked: Why do we care about 2nd harmonic? in the Introduction of his article entitled H2 Harmonic Generator. A commensurate answer is it triggers emotions.

Music containing H2 negative phase [H2np] flares up emotions [literally]. This resultant affect is potent and also reproducible in my subjective experience. Follow this suggestion should you wish to experiment:

1. Use the H2 Harmonic Generator [H2HG] by Mr. Pass.

2. Buffer its outputs so as to drive headphones.

3. The Fundamental music input to [H2HG] is the headphones outputs of a typical laptop. A Class D mini amp is most likely the music generator.

4. I listen to music videos on YouTube which unravels the magic of [H2np].

4a. My music has emotional meaning, and goes back to 1965. Lots of emotions tethered to it in this long tunnel of time.

4b. Music videos engage my sight and sound senses. I also close my eyes as a blank [blind] experience .

4c. I sing along or at best I try to. Singing is an emotional experience. Note the new acoustic feedback [pristine I just added to my ears. Alexa and other gizmos like it can now speak and sing "with any affect of emotions".

Fun and entertainment. Hold on to your [H2HG].

Best
Anton

H2Hide this!Advertise here!