Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

H2
H2
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd September 2018, 07:49 PM   #21
invaderzim is offline invaderzim  United States
diyAudio Member

dang if that isn't tempting
Attached Images
File Type: jpg temp.jpg (64.0 KB, 761 views)
Old 23rd September 2018, 09:28 PM   #22
indra1 is offline indra1  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBS View Post
You mean like this ?
Actually I was not that extreme. I was thinking about something more like these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasnu View Post
This is a very interesting part. I think many SET users are using SE preamp or SE driver stage, but how do they deal with H2 in their whole signal chain? Must be a black art.
Advanced calibrated black art, banned from Hogwart stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: png SPE-270-Hibon-6__40869.1512406469.1280.1280.png (93.4 KB, 728 views)
Old 23rd September 2018, 09:31 PM   #23
chede is offline chede  Germany
... fascinated by amps
diyAudio Member

H2
Inhaling Hydrogen gas for health reasons ?

That's scary !

Shaking regards,
Claas
Old 23rd September 2018, 09:58 PM   #24
Nelson Pass is offline Nelson Pass  United States
The one and only

H2
Now with Titanium!

Old 23rd September 2018, 10:07 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Old 23rd September 2018, 10:36 PM   #26
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
Official Court Jester
diyAudio Member

H2
just cover it with towel

Old 24th September 2018, 12:56 AM   #27
WBS is offline WBS  United States
diyAudio Member

H2
Quote:
Originally Posted by indra1 View Post
Actually I was not that extreme. I was thinking about something more like these.
Cool! I can use my left over H2 to fuel the diy fuel cell car I'm building!
Old 24th September 2018, 06:30 AM   #28
carsten.witt is offline carsten.witt  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi,
is there a BAF people how can organize me an (unstuffed) board for me? PLEASE!
Old 24th September 2018, 08:27 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Pass
...The first option is to buy some Triodes (for example low voltage 6922's) and some other parts plus the equipment to build and calibrate a single-ended gain stage with just the right amount of 2nd harmonic....
...I personally think that this is a trick best played only once in the audio chain, so if you already have a SET amp or some other component with lots of 2nd harmonic, you want to temper your expectations when used with this also. Or maybe you want to hear what your SET sound like with the 2nd harmonic cancelled......
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasnu View Post
This is a very interesting part. I think many SET users are using SE preamp or SE driver stage, but how do they deal with H2 in their whole signal chain? Must be a black art.
As an addition, the late Eduardo de Lima of Audiopax noted in his paper Whysingle-endedtubeamplifiers.pdf that :
In figures 1, 2 and 3 we can see what happens with a loudspeaker driven by a low distortion amplifier and by a single ended amplifier of high 2nd harmonic distortion with both polarities. In this case the speaker alone has around 2% of distortion between 100 Hz and 1000 Hz with 2.83 Vrms in the input (that corresponds to 1W in an 8 ohm load). We can see this in figure 1. In figure 2 we connect it to a SE amplifier with an average 0.8% 2nd harmonic distortion at this output level. It is easy to see the distortion addition between 150 Hz and 300 Hz and subtraction around 900Hz. We could say that, as an average, the distortion has increased. Figure 3 shows the same set up with the other polarity. We can see that the whole 150 Hz till 300 Hz region has reduced distortion and that around 900 Hz we have an increase in it. The overall effect seems to be a reasonable decrease in distortion.

I just want to remind those interested in effects of H2 and blessed to attend the BAF 2018 that in addition to our beloved Papa and Wayne, another wizard versed in the magic of Hollow State electronics by the name of Roger Modjeski is scheduled to come. So prepare your questions and be totally wowed by the "black art". May the coming Triwizard meet unveils lots of Spooky level entertainment for us greedy boyz.
Old 24th September 2018, 12:24 PM   #30
Skorpio is offline Skorpio  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Mr. Pass,

In the article You state that the practical adjustment range will be +/-0.3V, that is very narrow...

My calculations show a 3-4V range for the potentiometer? But perhaps I am misunderstanding?

H2Hide this!Advertise here!