Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

H2
H2
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th October 2018, 02:25 PM   #101
Big Guy is offline Big Guy  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
60 of them were given out, 90 hours ago. At 3:30PM on Sunday. Many of the recipients won't even have a chance to hook it up to their listening equipment until the weekend: work, family, the usual. And a healthy fraction of recipients, are not even subscribed to this particular thread.

So you are addressing, oh I don't know & this is just an estimate, about 20 people or thereabouts, and telling them to hurry up because you are losing patience. I recommend you ask again after a couple of weeks.

I was there myself but did not race forward quickly enough to snag one. Alas.

Not impatience...just curiousity.
Old 5th October 2018, 09:38 PM   #102
plasnu is offline plasnu  United States
diyAudio Member

I feel I’m polluting this thread with digital emulation shiiit, so this is my last post about it.

After listening to this digital H2 plugin (HoRNetHarmonics inserted in Auridvana) with two different audio systems for several days, I think I can conclude that adding certain amount of H2 have a positive effect for wide variety of sources (tracks), with some exceptions.

I don’t have a real H2 board, and this is my personal preference in my own environment, but I believe it’s worth to try H2 effect in your system. You may not like it at the end, but it’s fun, for sure.
Old 5th October 2018, 10:12 PM   #103
indra1 is offline indra1  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

The H2 board creates a 2H amount proportional to the square of the signal due to "square law" nature of jfet while HoRNetHarmonics may be linearly proportional. I think the effect will sound different.
Old 5th October 2018, 11:34 PM   #104
plasnu is offline plasnu  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm afraid if my post is causing some kind of misunderstanding, so I just want make clear that I have never said this cheap emulation and real H2 board are the same.

I have 20+ years experience with digital plugins, and I know plugins can't be exactly the same as its analog counterpart, even if the developer claims his emu is the exact same behavior / sounding as a specific analog equipment.
Old 6th October 2018, 07:19 AM   #105
diyAudio Member

Papa always encourage exploration, and most of us greedy boyz welcome new ideas and findings.
Old 6th October 2018, 10:44 AM   #106
JMF11 is offline JMF11  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasnu View Post
I'm afraid if my post is causing some kind of misunderstanding, so I just want make clear that I have never said this cheap emulation and real H2 board are the same.

I have 20+ years experience with digital plugins, and I know plugins can't be exactly the same as its analog counterpart, even if the developer claims his emu is the exact same behavior / sounding as a specific analog equipment.

Hi Plasnu,

This may not be the place, but I'm interested in your experiments with plugins. Let me know if you open a dedicated thread. You could also extend some discussions started there one month ago: DSP - Triode response.

By the way, will there be H2 kits on the DIY store ? I have skill tyo build one without kits except that I don't have a distortion analyser to trim the device :-(

JMF
Old 6th October 2018, 11:55 AM   #107
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMF11 View Post
... I have skill tyo build one without kits except that I don't have a distortion analyser to trim the device :-( ...
If you have an oscilloscope, you only need to build a twin T notch filter, or you can build a sound card interface and use sound card distortion software like DiAna.
Have Fun.
Old 6th October 2018, 06:12 PM   #108
Nelson Pass is offline Nelson Pass  United States
The one and only

H2
Fortunately we are talking in the region of 1%, easy to analyze, not like
.001% not so easy.
Old 6th October 2018, 11:34 PM   #109
Vix is offline Vix  Yugoslavia
diyAudio Member

Oh, no. I wrote a long post and it's ...gone
In short: my preamp Jfet boz
My amp: F2 with lighbulb

Relation to H2: will re-wite that post tomorrow, its 01:30 in the morning here

And...I don't know why but I as read about H2 I think of Sallvador Dali...

Thanks Nelson!
Old 7th October 2018, 05:22 AM   #110
JMF11 is offline JMF11  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra1 View Post
If you have an oscilloscope, you only need to build a twin T notch filter, or you can build a sound card interface and use sound card distortion software like DiAna.
Have Fun.

Thanks Indra for the hints and opening the possibilities

JMF

H2Hide this!Advertise here!