x250.5 - meter going full scale - whaaaaat?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
**** Disclaimer ****
I have not mentioned any names or brands etc in this post.
Oh yes you have. :rolleyes:

In your own post #4 you write:

Speakers are (second hand) Ambience 1800 Reference
which not only mentions Brand and Model but also includes the direct link to:
Reference Series | Ambience Speaker Systems
where I can read, black on white:
* ambiencespeakers.com.au
* reference-series
and "Ambient 1800 Reference"

the link you posted, directly shows:
Contact Ambience

Call: 0427 702 ***
International: 614 2770 ****

Email:
info@ambiencespeakers (dot) com (dot) au

Lake Bunga, Victoria 39**
Australia.
where I obfuscated part of the contact data; it´s fully readable in your direct link.

So I suggest you at least edit your #4 post link off.
Maybe you´ll have to ask a Moderator to do it, in which case I´ll be more than happy to ask him to also edit mine removing any identifiable reference to speaker maker.

besides, and to make the mention even stronger, you repeatedly state:
Hes been in touch with Ambience ... and Ambience ... I have to completely reverse my positive praise for a certain man and his company ... He contacted the speaker maker
... I contacted the maker ... Maker said ... contacted the maker ... informed the maker ...

There's a lot I want to say, and one day I might.
IF I can work out a polite way to say it.
looks like you already did :cool:

In any case, we are hearing only one bell, yours.:rolleyes:

As a side note, not sure how/why can user Zen Mod write:
simple - they're incompetent and greedy bstrdz
about Ambience Speakers Australia owners, when I doubt he has ever been less than 2000 miles away from any of their products ... or ever in contact with owners.

Now back to the Acoustical/Technical problem:

1) no need for biamping to burn "just the woofer" , crossover sends low frequencies ... down to DC ... through that coil.

2) even without schematic, "third order lowpass filter" hints at an L-C-L lowpass.
A shorted C will put heavy strain on first L .

To boot, audibly less Bass may induce speaker owner to crank Power, Bass (EQ) or both, again overstressing first L coil.

3) if anything, cabinet seller can be accused of selling a damaged speaker in bad faith, he must have noticed such gross problems; why smear cabinet maker is beyond me.

4) to a Tech, there is no real need to know inductance value to clone that inductor, just measure wire gauge, internal and external diameter, coil height, count turns, and wind your own.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
......As a side note, not sure how/why can user Zen Mod write:

asked several times as to potential costs........
Either pay the repair costs, or he will send an invoice for all his time in dealing with us and only once it's paid would he return the unrepaired crossovers.

I know that time is the money , repairing electronic drek for 25yrs or so

but , I don't need that to recognize Wild West bushtrap

should I repeat what I wrote , or there is no need for that?

troubleshooting xover is easy , for most of them I don't even need to power up DMM or L-meter , if sch. is already known

so , their time is 30 secs for receiving package , 90secs to open the box , 60 secs to visually examine both xovers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.