ACA Circuit Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I gave up and purchased a couple of EBay boards. I’ve purchased 2 sets of amp boards -Aleph J and F5 turbo from the store and several power supply boards as well as jfets and probably other stuff I can’t remember but every time I wanted ACA boards they weren’t available.

I gave up and purchased a couple of EBay boards. I’ve purchased 2 sets of amp boards -Aleph J and F5 turbo from the store and several power supply boards as well as jfets and probably other stuff I can’t remember but every time I wanted ACA boards they weren’t available.

Did you stuff them according to their bom or according to the “real” one? I bought a couple, but there is one capacitor missing, which is an easy fix, also missing r15 which is also an easy fix. But they ask for different transistors... I decided to mount one with the original bom and another with the real one to compare.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Why are there never any ACA Circuit Boards for sale in the DIY Store?

They were continuously available in the store for 2 years. Sold out earlier this year. The board changed, and Nelson sourced the boards for the 1.6, and then had to change them again based on our demands for some minor changes (he's a nice guy!). We made extra boards for batch 1 of the ACA, but got too many pre-orders and had to use them all for the kits. Since then, the store has been waiting for a new batch to be made, and then have been months for our assembly partner to get them into the store, which I'm told is "days away". Priority was given to the kits, at the expense of making the PCB SKUs. Simple as that. Sounds silly to hear from an armchair, but when you understand all the human factors involved in running a kitchen bench operation, it makes sense.

Normally the store handles the production, bagging and tagging of PCBs and we can handle this efficiently. Due to the change in both supplier and assembly/packaging it has been "out of our hands".

To remedy this, the store will be producing the PCBs in the future, which will remove any bottlenecks. You can write this off as "growing pains", and as time goes on, there will be less of these kinds of issues.

Did you stuff them according to their bom or according to the “real” one? I bought a couple, but there is one capacitor missing, which is an easy fix, also missing r15 which is also an easy fix. But they ask for different transistors... I decided to mount one with the original bom and another with the real one to compare.

I haven’t stuffed them yet. I am bogged down in a home renovation that is behind schedule and am still at the Heatsink/chassis setup stage of the ACA build.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.