SissySIT

Zen, another question as I try to force myself to understand the circuit.

For the voltage source that's added to the signal in the ltsplice diagram. Will just directly connecting to V+ & V- of an amp board work?

(And sorry if this got double posted. I swear I submitted it earlier, but couldn't find it in any of the threads I post in.)

Thanks for the continuing education.

I was confused by seeing both the voltage source and the "IN" connection. I just got a testing circuit worked out on the breadboard and was able to directly show myself the effects of disconnecting various coils on volume. Super useful for pounding it into the dumb head.

As always, thanks for your patience and help. Super simple once it comes together...

Attachments

• 20200920_131545.jpg
    20200920_131545.jpg
    678.9 KB · Views: 935
As always, I am late to the party, and I apologize for not reading every single post of this thread -- it is simply too long.

I have been staring at the SissySIT schematic for a few days now. I don't get it.

The gate of the IRFP9240 at the bottom is driven by the input stage. The gate of the SIT on top is driven by the optocoupler. This looks like the IRFP is the active gain device, and the SIT is part of the current source, that follows the gain device. Shouldn't it be the other way round (SIT = gain device, IRFP = current source / follower)!? What am I missing?

Is there an overview / walk-through of the circuit somewhere? A link to this might be useful.

Hmmm, I screened through that thread, but couldn't find the explanation. I can see how the opto acts as a stick between the gates. If the current through the outputs tries to wander off, the Hall chips will tell the opto to fix the length of the stick in order to keep the current fixed. But if the stick is a proper stick, and the two ends of that sick follow each other, then I'd think that both the SIT and the IRFP are driven by the input stage in the same way. I would have thought the SIT should be the gain device that is driven by the input, and the IRFP should be the current source that follows the SIT. Do you see where my brain goes wrong? I don't.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
I'm also late to this game (story of my life).

I have had the kit from ZM for over a year, possibly longer, but have not yet started. I'm ready to dive in but now I read of SissySIT R3. Can someone point me to approximate starting point for that discussion? "R3" is too short string for search engine on this forum.

I'm hoping I can use the original PCB to build the R3 version.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Use that PCB to make M25 instead. R3 is being bred in captivity until there are enough to be released into the wild (not out yet).

Until then, you can add extra green LEDs to make it R1.001 :) (joking, don't do it)

Any news for R3 would either get posted here or MZM will make a new thread. Don't worry, you haven't missed anything ... except a year of beautiful music from your SissySIT ! :joker:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm also late to this game (story of my life).

I have had the kit from ZM for over a year, possibly longer, but have not yet started. I'm ready to dive in but now I read of SissySIT R3. Can someone point me to approximate starting point for that discussion? "R3" is too short string for search engine on this forum.

I'm hoping I can use the original PCB to build the R3 version.

no, you can't use previous iterations for last one

NB that R.3 is made strictly to enable use of whatever Ugs of SIT

no significant practical and certainly no sound performance changes, so you're loosing nothing

Use that PCB to make M25 instead. R3 is being bred in captivity until there are enough to be released into the wild (not out yet).

Until then, you can add extra green LEDs to make it R1.001 :) (joking, don't do it)

Any news for R3 would either get posted here or MZM will make a new thread. Don't worry, you haven't missed anything ... except a year of beautiful music from your SissySIT ! :joker:

time, energy, work, zillion of parallel projects, all in finishing stage..... inevitably being lined up, simpluy because line operator is sole one, even if Omnipresent, Omniachieving, Omnicapable, Omnietc. ZM

SissySIT pcbs fully populated yesterday (got those 0R22 resistors finally), so this weekend have in plan to dismantle LuDEF from T-Bed and put instead (presently populating with parts) Old Soul ......... and to swap R.2 to R.3 boards in my own SissySIT ....... and confirm pcb functionality with final measurements

when any of amps finished, new thread

oh yeah, fun times