SissySIT

I apologize to everyone who participates in this thread. Mine is perhaps a trivial request but so far I have not seen the problem of choosing power supply very developed. in short, what would be the simplest and most effective solution to feed sissysit? what scheme to adopt? It has aroused great interest in me to be able to use a capacitor multiplier which I believe is capable of considerable performance.
The Easy Peasy by Juma for ex. It would seem to me simple and of excellent performance but I did not understand if it could sustain a constant current of bias of 1.7 - 2A.
ZenMod what is your idea about it?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
dual 18Vac jobbie per channel, 250VA as minimum , two bridges , CRC ...... I'm using 33mF-0R1-33mF per rail

no multipliers , no regs

each Donut having own fuse and NTC on primary side , also each channel having NTC from main GND to chassis

so , just power cord and switch are shared between two PSUs

final result is , as always , something as 22V5dc per rail , no fuss/broom/noise/tizzzz/zing

:)

I'm thinking of putting either a DC protect in or a couple of large elcaps back to back bypassed by a film cap in series with the speaker, and seeing if i can't squeeze out a few extra watts, but would need to make sure that if the 9240 goes that it doesn't take the optocoupler or the hall sensors or any of the other components out with it.

Last edited:
....for GodzillaSIT , with some other mosfet down

:clown:

New thread title :"SITzilla Monster Topologies Amp's Battle" :rofl:

giphy.gif

Attachments

• 36CEBBB4-B16A-4D20-B29D-D5CB1F20E7A8.jpg
    36CEBBB4-B16A-4D20-B29D-D5CB1F20E7A8.jpg
    563.8 KB · Views: 668
  • CBAA7699-2FB8-4351-85FA-1196FC549320.JPG
    CBAA7699-2FB8-4351-85FA-1196FC549320.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 671
it is possible that mine may appear to be an exaggerated action. but I believe that if you really want to make a completely dual mono amp you have to use two double secondary transformers, 2x2 rectifier bridges, 2 CRC cards ... in short everything doubled. I start from the concept that the power supply is an integral part of the amplification circuit and I do not like that what happens electrically in a channel is common to the other channel in the power supply. Is this my concept shared or am I doing wrong?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
pretty much normal thing , when doing dual-mono construction ......

if everything is in one case , sole thing shared is mains cable and switch ..... and call it dual-mono

when done in separate cases , you have monoblocks

I like not having common PSU , shared between channels

Papa properly made SIT-1 amp , all other ones are plain sissy

:devilr:

:clown: