Power Button

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@GOR3
the front or board part of this switch is hold with a metal clip.
if you pull that sideways you get two parts: the v2a/brass frontbutton
and the plastic switch. both have individual provisions for mounting.
the metalpart is screwable and the plastic is a snap-in design.
since the whole thing is waterproof they put a clear-rubber-tightening in
that i pulled off in exchange for a spring of my liking.
the aluminum shaft is a tube that i forced over the nipple on the buttons back.
the switch-side is guided by a grommet. thats all.
cheers
A.

Hello everyone, thank you for all the replies, this is one of the things I love about this place! Still processing some of them. The knife switch idea from PRR made me smile, not the direction I want to go though. The relay Wayne posted looks good, compact, cheap, and also available in a 5vdc version which would be perfect for the pre amp project down the road. Now I need to pick a transformer or psu for it. The button I have on hand is one found on Amazon after going blind looking at page after page at Mouser and Digikey.

Ulincos U16C2 Latching Metal Pushbutton Switch: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
Should go well with the black face plate.

Switch rating 3A/ 250V AC
3A/ 30 V DC
LED rating 15mA /12V AC
15mA /12V DC
Button diameter 10mm, mounting hole 16mm, latching n/o spst. I'd post a pic, but I blew it earlier when I tried.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> The knife switch idea from PRR made me smile, not the direction I want to go

Someone will.

> button I have on hand is one found on Amazon ... Ulincos U16C2 .... I'd post a pic, but I blew it earlier when I tried.

Attachments

• 61LfeIXmXtL._SL1200_.jpg
    61LfeIXmXtL._SL1200_.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 258
That build is impressive, the way he seperated the power button electrical section from the mechanical section is nice. That approach is like the way the volume pot is often implemented with an extension shaft in a pre amp. I am also looking hard at sledwards suggestion of AMB Labs power switch driver circuit, more complicated certainly, but versitile, and seemingly well implemented. Again, thank all of you for the replies, this place is great, learn something everytime I come here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.