Babelfish M25, AKA M2 on steroids, AKA M2-XA25 bstrd AKA M2 gone Berserk

Trying to get an idea of the basic sonic signature of this amp.
Has it been officially christened, yet? If no, may I suggest ZM2.
Short, sweet, leaves nothing out. Much like a Papa amp circuit.

Is it similar to M2, if different, how so? Papa said the M2 was exceptional in the mid range, but a little soft in bass and treble.
Perhaps reference to amp as an "unconstipated M2" indicates more emphasis to bass & treble?

My 65 year old year old ears don't mind the soft treble aspect. Could in fact be a blessing as I have developed an increased sensitivity to, and dislike for sibilance.
Not sure about the soft bass possibility, though, as I do enjoy the lower registers. ACA's I just built are amazingly good there.

System is: Redbook CD transport, Schiit Multibit Guingnir DAC,
Schiit Saga pre (arrived today), monoblock ACA's, Omega Super 3 XRS speakers (still breaking in), Rhythmik L12 sub.
Main jams are late 60's/early 70's rock. Liable to play anything, though.

Any suggestions as to how best (if possible) "Accentuate the Positive" from less than stellar recordings would be appreciated.

Planning a 5U with power supply to fit multiple Papa's into.
Question becomes, which one first?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well , easiest to copy/paste what I wrote to Cee in PM few nights ago:

"M25 is , no more and no less , same as M2 but with muuucho cojones ; iof your speakers are eaaasy to load ( as mine all are) there is almost no difference in sound between these two , but - if speakers are little nastier , M25 is pretty much better sounding , having same THD spectra character but damn lower in THD ... difference in teh. terms easiest explained as M2 having 12.5W/4R in class A, while M25 is having 40plusW/4R in A class

SissySIT is ....... well , SIT amp ; more speed more sweetness ..... maybe less verity than some other Papamp but enjoyment factor stratospheric"

to be more precise - due to lack of source resistors , bass is better than M2 ; highs ? I can't object anything to M2 highs ..... so really didn't investigated difference in that area

which one first .............?

practically , difference between Babelfish M25 ( it's christened -there is no M25 in Papauniverse , but "Babelfish" is necessary when defining something having so much borrowed from his brain) and SissySIT is tiny ,except most important fact - SIT in place of N sex mosfet

so , if you obtain pair of THF51S , you can easily try 2 amps ("of mine") at once

anyway , looking at list of your poison(s) , I see that your speakers are easy to drive , at least main ones ...... so - can't see where B. M25 could show difference vs. M2 , probably being bored with current demands from Omega Super , practically sleeping ....

so , maybe SissySIT is better solution , and it could certainly put on test manufacturer's claim of drivers being lightning fast

I like small speakers (drivers) , but only for near field ; how much they;re sweet and fast , after some time I'm fed up with their inability to cope with dynamics , at least compared with situation when you're having at least 8" for midrange ....... 12 or 15" even better

how to enjoy in lesser quality recordings .... easy - listen only what moves your heart

perfect example - historical recordings of Enrico Caruso - transcoded from ancient originals , some of them (I believe ) even being wax based ...... man , music is so good , I simply don't care for HiFi