LX-mini Crossover Article

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Plenty of discrete op amps laying around.

Here's one. :cheers:

Attachments

• OP AMP.jpg
    OP AMP.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 1,136
frequency response

I used RMAA to measure the frequency response curve. The signal was input to output from LXMINI ASP, and no microphone was used. The bass needs to be subtracted by 6.5dB, because the signal requirement adds 6.5dB to the input, which must be subtracted in fact.

Attachments

• lxmini-asp-fr.png
    lxmini-asp-fr.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 961
Dear Nelson Pass.

I seem to remember that at one point you mentioned that you would release a 3-way asp for LXmini +2 - has that project been abandoned or is it still under way? (By the way: I am not going to go back to DSP after having listened to and enjoyed your ASP! - so thank a lot!)

Allow me to jam in, if you have not gotten response.
Look at my post #486.and #494 There are a few basic checks on simulation curve to make sure your modification does not cause any sonic issues

1. Makes sure Response summation/subtraction is 5-6 dB above the Xover frequency. Look at my plot for amplitude summation and subtraction

2. Need to make sure whatever Xover frequency you change is *in phase*. If your new Xover is not in phase, you might need to modify R, C values and play around until everything is in phase. Look at my plot for the in phase response and formula.

Good luck :)
Tom
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Free giveaway for LXmini builders

Hi, we have parts from our LXmini-kit production as a free giveaway:
  • Round LXmini baseplates, HDF precision mitered, dark anthracite with lower-side cable canals and 5 predrilled mounting holes for rubber feet
  • 4" end caps for the lower tubes
One set per builder, only, as long as stock lasts.
LXmini construction plans (outside EU 19% VAT is deducted after registering).

Shipping is free within Germany, 20€ for EU , 40€ outside EU Contact info@magicLX521.com with your shipping address.

Best
Frank
If you are interested; There are still a few FREE sets left.

Last edited by a moderator: