LX-mini Crossover Article

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
So the thing is:
Saint Nelson supplies us a PCB with JFETS which WITH THE PROPER COMPENSATING
RESISTORS, are of "High-end" quality. The point is that if you decide to order the PCB with JFETS and resistors, (which is the only way you can get it-Hah!) you can be assured that Nelson Pass himself (personally-really) has "tuned" the circuit in each board so that good JFETS are now Thoroughbred Racehorses performing at top form!

Get them while you can guys! Who knows when he'll get bored...

Last edited:
The credits were more fun than some weekly sit-coms- Our Russian chauffer is Pikoff Andropov, and I loved how Mr Lawlor’s (sp?) title changed every week.

I think they are still archived for your enjoyment
Car Talk

Back to our regularly scheduled programming - let’s try to keep Saint Nelson as engaged with our community as we can.

I am wondering .... DSP vs. analog xover

If, after the chain in my system, Buffalo 3 SE dac, FW F4, ba-3 preamp, Audirvana in my mini Mac with DSD output, etc., all their supposed audio qualities in the reproduction chain go down the drain or become academic by having as a lp and hp xovr for the subwoofers and mains a Minidsp2x4HD unit,with its "lowly 24/96 dacs" in the chain. It is set at 110 hz, sounds pretty good and it's easy to experiment with. Regards!