Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

LX-mini Crossover Article
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th June 2021, 03:20 PM   #871
bullitt5094 is offline bullitt5094  United States
DIY Rookie
diyAudio Member

Are there additional details on the Fast 8 SLOB build somewhere? I actually have a pair of Fast 8s collecting dust. Maybe this would be a good build to utilize them. One reason they are collecting dust is I've never been impressed with their high end. If this is an OB project that includes a tweeter to help the highs, I'd be very interested. The 8 sounds great except for upper highs. And no... it isn't my hearing. My wife with bat ears commented on that the moment she first sat in front of them and my daughter (who inherited her ears from mom) had exactly the same reaction.
Old 16th June 2021, 05:15 PM   #872
DIY Rookie
diyAudio Member

LX-Mini + 6-24 ACN. Working extremely well for me!
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 16th June 2021, 07:26 PM   #873
peppennino is offline peppennino  Italy
Galactic Hitchhiker
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wg45 View Post
Here's the info on my ACN/LX Mini set up for Papa's SLOB.
Is baffle step -2dB?
Old 16th June 2021, 07:34 PM   #874
wg45 is online now wg45  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt5094 View Post
Are there additional details on the Fast 8 SLOB build somewhere? I actually have a pair of Fast 8s collecting dust. Maybe this would be a good build to utilize them. One reason they are collecting dust is I've never been impressed with their high end. If this is an OB project that includes a tweeter to help the highs, I'd be very interested. The 8 sounds great except for upper highs. And no... it isn't my hearing. My wife with bat ears commented on that the moment she first sat in front of them and my daughter (who inherited her ears from mom) had exactly the same reaction.
Try this thread-

Papa's slot loaded open baffle version#2

Attached is a rough build plan for the frame.

No reason why you could not add a tweeter. You could connect the tweeter to the FR with a capacitor.

That's the best part about the SLOB. It's a template for customization.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Papa's SLOB #2.gif (78.6 KB, 231 views)
Old 16th June 2021, 07:49 PM   #875
DIY Rookie
diyAudio Member

Thanks! From there I found this https://www.firstwatt.com/pdf/art_slob.pdf And this Papa’s slot loaded open baffle version #2
Old 16th June 2021, 08:01 PM   #876
wg45 is online now wg45  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, Papa's paper covers the much larger SLOB with 6 woofer drivers and lots of information on FR drivers. It's very informational, although some of the FR drivers tested are not available currently.

I built his smaller version, which is more of a "normal" sized speaker. I don't believe it is covered in his paper.
Old 29th September 2021, 04:29 PM   #877
peppennino is offline peppennino  Italy
Galactic Hitchhiker
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppennino View Post
Hi all, I have a ACN basic kit (board + fets): could you help me to adjust the values for a pair of Papa's SLOB?
Thanks
Finally it's coming... It's a long way to the top, if you wanna DIY
Old 13th October 2021, 11:22 PM   #878
Manolo47 is offline Manolo47  Puerto Rico
diyAudio Member

Default Bypassing low pass filter section

If I would like only use the bass hp filter and eq. section, bypassing the second half of the circuit -low pass filter- , from where would I connect the output in the xover? Thanks!
Old 13th October 2021, 11:43 PM   #879
avdesignguru is offline avdesignguru  United States
diyAudio Member

See attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ACN Bypass.jpg (35.8 KB, 87 views)
Builds: Papa's B1, B1-Korg, F6, LxMini ACN, F7; Wayne Colburn's Whammy, Pearl II, BA2018; Mark Johnson's T2, M2x, Noir; Mike R's MoFo; Pete Millett's NuTube Buffer, NuHybrid, NuClassD; John Broskie's Aikido LV, A5 Attenuator; Jim Hagerman's Bugle2
Old 14th October 2021, 03:02 PM   #880
Manolo47 is offline Manolo47  Puerto Rico
diyAudio Member

Thanks!
  Reply to this post

LX-mini Crossover ArticleHide this!Advertise here!