LX-mini Crossover Article

I think what you will like about this one is the +/- 1 octave adjustment range
of each of the 1 - 4 poles per filter. Gives some adjustment wiggle room you don't
normally get.

Hi Nelson,
Will it be possible to use the new crossover in a balanced configuration with 2 poles per filter ? If so, do you recommend any component matching between the + and - phases if operating balanced ?

BTW, I'm using a Pass Int 250 integrated amplifier. Is there any easy way to bypass the preamp section of my Int 250 ? I probably need to implement a master volume control and input switching separately.

I'm excited to see the crossover. Thanks for all your efforts for the DIY community !

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hi Nelson,
Will it be possible to use the new crossover in a balanced configuration with 2 poles per filter ? If so, do you recommend any component matching between the + and - phases if operating balanced ?

BTW, I'm using a Pass Int 250 integrated amplifier. Is there any easy way to bypass the preamp section of my Int 250 ? I probably need to implement a master volume control and input switching separately.

You can tap into the points on the existing board, and may have to cut
some traces, but it can be done. Easier just to get two of them and use
one board for each balanced channel.

I don't know about the bypass of the INT250 preamp. We will have to
ask Wayne.

Can somebody enlighten me how the EQ works and how to calculate the values. I did try to modify the values to reflects a 250Hz Crossover with a 40HZ bump for an open baffle.
My initial thoughts are to leave the EQ out ...

Attachments

• 250HZ.JPG
    250HZ.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 543
Hello.
I have started diyaudio few years ago so
I apologize for my noob questions.
I have ordered 2 basic pcb for analog
crossover.
I am planning to cross over sb acoustics satori 2 way.
Now I have a hypex ucd180 amp and
300B tube amp.
I also interested in building firstwatt amp.
My DAC is topping D70.
This DAC have xlr and rca output together same time.
So my question is if I can biamp xlr and rca amp together.
Or I should make another hypex amp then biamp same
amp.
I also interested in building firstwatt amp.
I have bought 3 pairs of 2sj74bl/2sk170bl because sounds like running out...
But my plan takes few years though.
So many things to learn.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
This might be a logical way to go. Giving LXmini 2way crossover owners a way to upgrade to the subs in the future. If designed with the correct size and shape, an add-on low pass filter board would probably fit into the existing chassis, which already has connectors for the 3-way crossover

Last edited:
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
You mean the incredibly cool gift Papa gave me as a bribe to take you away from his house and make sure you were gone on the plane? ;) (for everyone else: it was a B1 buffer with the addition of some “iron supplements” (transformers) to give it a touch of gain!. Still, it won’t drive an F4 loud!) Actually I volunteered to take ZM to the airport and no bribe was necesssary but Papa is crazy generous....

The sad truth is I had so much loot to take to Costa Rica, speaker parts and bicycle parts, and an oscilloscope ..that I had to leave it for Dana in Santa Rosa to play with. I made sure he knew he has to give it back! He was curious how his F5’s would sound with a little more “push” I should make him take a photo.

Thanks Nelson!

Last edited:
Thanks so much, Nelson Pass.
If possible, I would like to work on 2 of your crossover boards and only 3 channels are used for one side of lxmini. If you can kindly furnish which components have to be change on its value for using on the subwoofer, it will be very helpful for me to complete my little project

It can be adjusted for the Lxmini with subs, and you have to add an external
low pass filter for the subs. Probably worth a small article.