Paid Member
:clown:

Attachments

• biamp-xvr.jpg
    biamp-xvr.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 733
Hi Nelson,

That is great!
Just to make sure, in a current DSP setup. each freq band is attenuated/boosted as follows, which I want to be sure is possible:
Hi(>5kHz): -13.5dB, Mid(510Hz-5kHz): -17dB, Low(125Hz-510Hz): +8db

I also would like to know the cost difference between 12,18,24 dB/oct cutoff slopes, and how much assembling work is left for me to do :)

Can I then obtain a quote of the cost +shipping to Japan to accommodate a stereo 4way xover with a cabinet and a power source? A manual explaining how to select each xover freq and levels would be also great.

RY

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
There is very little cost difference between the various slopes -
essentially 1 cap and 1 resistor per channel per slope. The caps tend
to run around 50 cents.

The gain issue is larger. Probably you should consider a X10 gain stage
for the bass

The selection of the center frequency of each pole is just a cap value -
this will be clear when the kit comes out.

Nelson-san,avdesignguru-san,
Thank you for replying to post # 546. Sorry for the late reply.
I received the ACN-PCB from the store today.As usual, it is a beautiful.

For the 12dB / oct network I need, I need to bypass some, but is it correct as my pic?
I am not confident that R17-20 is unnecessary.

Yamana-san
If you purchase a PCB from the store (The diyAudio Store - DIY amplifier kits, chassis, and parts), the cheapest shipping cost (DHL Parcel Direct) to Japan is $ 15-20.

Attachments

• ACN_bypass_01.JPG
    ACN_bypass_01.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 629
Regarding a 4-way or 5-way, I don't know wether to cascade or not. Previously I heard it is better to move things around on several boards. I prefer waiting for a version with more channels. From what I heard before, EQ might not be the best idea with a 4-way or 5-way, since this is analog and the signal will be too weak. I was hoping I could amplify the signal enough to make it work, but line level signals might be too fragile. Any thoughts on my confused ramblings?

Nelson-san,avdesignguru-san,
Thank you for replying to post # 546. Sorry for the late reply.
I received the ACN-PCB from the store today.As usual, it is a beautiful.

For the 12dB / oct network I need, I need to bypass some, but is it correct as my pic?
I am not confident that R17-20 is unnecessary.

I think the LOW-OUT is correct but the HI-OUT needs output resistance to ground. See attached.

Attachments

• bypass.JPG
    bypass.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 565