your moment of 'Zen' for the day

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
err...Aleph.

Aleph 2, 46V rails, biased at 8A, water cooled...only one channel though. Boy does it sound good!!

Attachments

• IMG_1499.jpg
    IMG_1499.jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 490
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm glad for ya :cheers:

my moment ....... I'm Zen all the time

:clown:
was hoping for a fugly, I'll try harder next time :D

This is something I only run very infrequently, and then maybe for about 15-20 minutes, the water coming in (unfortunately) goes straight to the drain, working on a long term solution...i.e. a pump, radiator setup eventually. As for leaks, I double sometimes triple clamp everything, havent had a mishap yet, at the same time, this is not an amp whilst running you leave the room...not even for a second. However, I do recommend trying this, as this aleph just simply did not run out of steam when it was cranked up. My next iteration will be something along the lines of an Aleph 1.2, but with insanely more amounts of bias, which requires bigger toroid, bigger caps...bigger everything etc!

the block is from Newark http://www.newark.com/webapp/wcs/st...estType=Base&partNumber=66K0415&storeId=10194, and a few pics.

enjoy!!

Attachments

• IMG_1501.JPG
    IMG_1501.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1502.JPG
    IMG_1502.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_1503.JPG
    IMG_1503.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 156
Hi MEGA_amp very interesting cooling arrangement :up:. For fun I have been looking at different CPU cooling solutions to adapt to a class A amp. One question though, shouldnt the transistors be bolted to the other side, ie the one with the exposed pipes? That is the cooler side of the cooler.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The copper pipe side is pressed in and there are gaps with a thermal epoxy. I thought about mounting them that way, but the way I had to drill the holes wouldn't allow the mosfets to be in full contact with the metal surface in its entirety. I'm sure it would work just fine that way though, just my ocd, as it stands, the hold-down L brackets get just slightly above ambient, the rest of the assembly is ice cold, not bad for burning about 740watts.

Ok, wow 740W. :) Maybe you dont need a pump, just a radiator and let the heating and cooling of the water take care of the circulation.
The copper pipe side is pressed in and there are gaps with a thermal epoxy. I thought about mounting them that way, but the way I had to drill the holes wouldn't allow the mosfets to be in full contact with the metal surface in its entirety. I'm sure it would work just fine that way though, just my ocd, as it stands, the hold-down L brackets get just slightly above ambient, the rest of the assembly is ice cold, not bad for burning about 740watts.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.