Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

your moment of 'Zen' for the day
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th June 2018, 04:07 PM   #11
MEGA_amp is offline MEGA_amp
diyAudio Member

The copper pipe side is pressed in and there are gaps with a thermal epoxy. I thought about mounting them that way, but the way I had to drill the holes wouldn't allow the mosfets to be in full contact with the metal surface in its entirety. I'm sure it would work just fine that way though, just my ocd, as it stands, the hold-down L brackets get just slightly above ambient, the rest of the assembly is ice cold, not bad for burning about 740watts.
Old 10th June 2018, 09:00 AM   #12
kbergsson is offline kbergsson  Iceland
diyAudio Member

Ok, wow 740W. Maybe you dont need a pump, just a radiator and let the heating and cooling of the water take care of the circulation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA_amp View Post
The copper pipe side is pressed in and there are gaps with a thermal epoxy. I thought about mounting them that way, but the way I had to drill the holes wouldn't allow the mosfets to be in full contact with the metal surface in its entirety. I'm sure it would work just fine that way though, just my ocd, as it stands, the hold-down L brackets get just slightly above ambient, the rest of the assembly is ice cold, not bad for burning about 740watts.

Last edited by kbergsson; 10th June 2018 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12th June 2018, 03:34 AM   #13
Eric is offline Eric  United States
diyAudio Member

What a nice and compact on-demand water heater you have there! I wonder if different types of music make the water hotter or cooler
My DIY Basement Theater, Aleph-X Amps, Avro Open Baffle Speakers, LDR based BA-3 pre, Pearl II, highly modded Technics SL-1200, F4, M2, Aleph-J, MoFo, a40, several ACAs, FHXL, Tang Band 1772 bass-reflex

your moment of 'Zen' for the dayHide this!Advertise here!