F1 finally working

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Having had suggestions and help from Nelson, zenmod could not get my f1 to work. Gave up built an f2 later converted to an F2J playing very nicely with my lowther pm7 in medallion cabinets. Almost one year later tried with F1 again carefully following instructions to the letter, one channel would not play ball offset to high despite putting resistors in parallel. Thought i had finally solved the problem only for offset to remain to high. Eventually replace q1 q2 mosfets with another matched pair, 22ohm resistor brought offset below 15mv. Joy at last music came forth, runs as hot as an oven, very hot to touch at 13.8vdc bias point. The best sound i have ever heard in my system bass control with lowthers mid and treble detail to die for, have not yet constructed any kind of correction network enjoying music to much. Any glad i came back to trying again to constructing the F1 will now try to get hold of some semisouth r100s to construct the F1J this may be some time as r100 very hatd to source, although a forum member has sold me a matched pair another matched pair has to be sourced. Will post a few pictures of amplifier iam really proud of my efforts thank you to all for the help and suggestions.

Spades

Hopefully the pictures of amp will be now upload

20180502_201113.jpg

20180502_201051.jpg

20180425_202811.jpg

20180421_210308.jpg ed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.