Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Linear Systems Matched LSJ74/LSK170 JFET pairs (Grade B)
Linear Systems Matched LSJ74/LSK170 JFET pairs (Grade B)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd February 2019, 02:37 AM   #21
wwwtttwww is offline wwwtttwww  Canada
diyAudio Member

in my humble opinion, it could make more sense to put the Toshiba and Linear jfet in typical NP amplifiers, preamplifiers, buffers and compare what kind difference they could have.
Maybe someone has done it?
Old 23rd February 2019, 10:50 AM   #22
cubicincher is offline cubicincher  Germany
diyAudio Member

Default answer to wwwtttwww

I used the original TOSHIBA 2SK170 (BL) /2SJ74 (BL) and the

LINEAR SYSTEMS LSJ74 (BL) / LSK170 (BL)
in a few of my PASS AMPS. All with very good results.

I have built two BA- Poweramps (BA-3 frontend / BA-complementary output/bias boards). One has the TOSHIBA - JFets on input, the other AMP the
LINEAR SYSTEMS JFets. All have been bought matched! The MOSFETs are
FAIRCHILD FQP 3P20 /3N30 (with the 1kohm trimpots at P1/P2)

Sonically for me no real difference. But the BA-3 FE offers trimpots on the pcb to adjust smaller offsets. And you will need your time to adjust the offset
at the output. Patience

And I build a BA-3 Preamp with only TOSHIBA 2SK170/2SJ74 (BL grade) and TOSHIBA 2SJ313 /2SK2013. Oversized PSU with regulators.

Very nice preamp!!

My experience.
Greets
Dirk

Linear Systems Matched LSJ74/LSK170 JFET pairs (Grade B)Hide this!Advertise here!