Interesting transistor for single ended applications

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I caqm eacross this MOSFET that looks really linear from the 1-2 A region and I thought this would be a great transistor to use for single ended class A operation. Any thoughts on this?

STP4N52K3 - N-channel 525 V, 2.5 A, 2.1 Ohm typ., SuperMESH3(TM) Power MOSFET in TO-220 package - STMicroelectronics

Thank you.

Oon

I think that the RDSon is going to be a problem unless you use lots of them in parallel like a PL production amp.

If you want simple and lots of power, use the IXYS hockey pucks.

I think that the RDSon is going to be a problem unless you use lots of them in parallel like a PL production amp.

If you want simple and lots of power, use the IXYS hockey pucks.
Ixys hockey pucks?

It's 2 ohms, for RDS on. The swing might be a little limited. But I think if using a 19 volt supply, should be okay. I am impressed by the linearity at bias current of 1-2A. Based on the Vgs to Id graph. Most mosfet looks horrible in that region, a curve instead of a straight line.

Oon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.