SIT-3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I haven't heard the SIT 1, so no comment there. I currently use the SIT 2 to power my Lowther PM6C on OBs. Abundant detail and airiness are hallmarks of the SIT 2. I'm powering my 15" Definimax with the J2. Together they integrate seamlessly providing an extremely realistic sound stage.

Thanks to Nelson, a few weeks ago I had the good fortune to audition the SIT 3 with a couple of SEAS full range drivers in different cabinets. All I can say is, "WOW!" Sorry, I didn't take notes so I can't tell you what they were.

Well, maybe it's not all I can say... What really blew me away was how complete the SIT 3 was. It offered powerful, tight, authoritative bass down to 20hz, a crystal clear balanced midrange and sparkling highs all the way up to about 20khz.

I've never before heard a full range combination that approached the enjoyment I experienced listening to the SIT 3 and SEAS full range drivers, all the way up to high volume.

Phil, I expect you are experiencing sonic bliss right about now! :D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Spooky.

Attachments

• tp.jpg
    tp.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 466
@wbs: ideally you would have listened to SIT3 on your speakers though, and playing the recordings you are familiar with and have an expectation for (based on the previous listening experience with SIT1 and J2). But we will take whatever comment is available. Papa is the best reference when one catches him at "a sharing" moment.

I really do not need 18W for my mids in my tri-amped OB (currently with an F5+ACA+ACA combo) and I was planning on the next iteration with an ACA with a transformer stage and repackaged in a single housing.

However it is hard to resists these kit opportunities now that Papa generously donates his time. I am likely to go for this kit to have something with devices matched by the master himself ;). If I understood right the Sony VFET kits have to go out first so it may be a while..

The SEAS F8 + SIT3 combination made the stringed instruments sound like they were in the room, spooky indeed. F8's are way out of my price range however.

My favorites were the smaller full rangers. But like I said, with no notes and a memory like a sieve, well you get the idea... :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.