Medium Aleph 3 8ohm@20w.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
last time I checked ........ you have plenty of these in Italy ......... while being part of EU , so you can buy anything abroad

if you're interested in Aleph 3 , read service manual , find thread titled Aleph reloaded

first build something , leave tweaks for later ........ hopefully lifting level of knowledge in meantime

Attachments

• Aleph 3 (30w).pdf
    364 KB · Views: 295
At last Some progress.

Here are pictures of some progress. Actually I forgot order zener dioes and bleeder resistances. So I ordered again.

Attachments

• psu.jpg
    psu.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 366
  • boards.jpg
    boards.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 364
Hi!
Two questions:
I have 70mV rms (psu is for one chanel only) of ripple with 88000 uF for rail (no crc filter), is it OK or it need however crc/clc filters?
About ac gain some tricks for best performances?
Now I have set it for best simmetrical wave form performances at 1khz sine for 4 Ohm load before clipping.
Is this the right way?
Thanks.

Last edited:
-if spks are silent , no need for CRC ; if there is buzz and it annoys ya , go for CRC

-AC gain - 50% is , say , starting point ...... you can try up and down from there , and let your ears decide ; no other recipe
I have calculate (2A bias) about 60% after my empirical scope analysis.
Do you have hear experiences about ac gain setting?

Last edited:
Hi! Please some advice.
I used according Mr.Pass diagram
R17= 10k (with 100pF //) instead 100k
R21= 1k instead 10K
Is sure the there are no differences in the feedback network?

And about C6 220uF can it be a good idea to bypass it with another capacitor of appropriate value and specific constructive feature?

Also decresed R29 from 150r to 100r to raise the current protection limitation, are thi the right way?

Thanks

Attachments

• PASS A3.png
    PASS A3.png
    69 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.