Medium Aleph 3 8ohm@20w.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I just discovered that if I do not use the unbalanced input and therefore do not short (-in) signal to the gnd , the noise is reduced considerably. Obviously, this can not happen if you use unbalanced input because it reduces the input sensitivity and even the low frequencies are poor.:mad:

In any case I would like to know if the capacitors of the PSU are efficient, how can I do it?

what?

when you're using SE inputs (RCA) , you need to short neg input to gnd

when you're using balanced , logically - neg input is not shorted to GND

in both cases gain is pretty similar/equal and there can't be any difference in frequency domain

Attachments

• 15314294232431362456255.jpg
    15314294232431362456255.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 251
Finally after continuous 10 hours work I re assembled on PCB and removed spaghetti with P2P on vero board. Sound wise everything improved. Bass is good. I used LAN cable internal wires for internal connecting and Amp to speakers. The quality of copper in LAN cable is very good. I understood now what is Class A amp sounds. Now I am not hurry to build F7 until my Aeleph 3 broke. Special Thanks to Mr. Pass for wonderful design and Mr. Zen Mod for me in the right path. And Thank you to all members.

Attachments

• aleph3.jpg
    aleph3.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 245
Sure Zen Mod, The heat sinks are high width so I am unable to do that.
@Extreme_Boky, Luckily My amp is dead silent :) when no signal and no hum.

you may try the same type of screws fittings used to fit in the MOSFET for the PCB board holding as well.. its not the prefect method but like a crude workaround by a newbee .. I was building the ACA amp i could not getting the right connectors or things other used to fit their PCBs on the heatsinks (along with the mosfet).. So i had to use the similar type of screws that i used for mosfet, for the pcb as well... you may refer the pictures in below link ..

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/215392-amp-camp-amp-aca-492.html#post5495596

what power supply are you using.. could not find it inside the box in that picture of your amp..
what is the type and dimensions of the heat sinks used..

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.