Babelfish XJ , or JX …….. or whatever (Aleph X servo for Greedy Boyz)

On the temp heatsink

2019-11-24 17.30.39.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
status is that I'm (evidently and many times confirmed) - lying bztrd :rofl:

in short - I'm always having some plans , to do that and do that ...... but then something happens and I'm always distracted with things popping either around or from my scull .... so some projects are always pushed back

from these reasons , for instance , Babelfish M2/SEF pcbs were laying on shelf for more than a year

same with Babelfish XA25 pcbs

anyhow , good that you reminded me , I'm going to check already made pcb files for that , do some cosmetic work and order them soon ........ as I remember, I had idea that existing OS pcbs are already good for one pcb/one channel , with two cuts of traces on logical places

Hi ZM,

As per my previous post, here are some questions that I had regarding the input stage module.

- Q2, Q3, Q11 & Q12 are all BD139. Two IPS boards requires 8x BD139. You did send me 8x in total but one pack of 6 that is written "all matched" and 2 that are written "random". If these four transistors need to be matched, then I'm short 2 devices from the "all matched" BD139. Do they need to be all matched, and if yes, I bought a pack of 20 to make another 8 matched devices. If they need to be matched, what are the parameters I'm looking for and how did you test them for matching?

- Since I'm reassembling two new IPS boards, I don't have BC639. They seem to be obsolete at Mouser and Digikey, unless I'm not looking at the right number. I did manage to find some BS63916 but the parameters are a little different. What should I do?

- Do you have a hookup diagram of the whole IPS, OPS, PSU? Vitali sent me some pictures and it seems as the gnd (0V) only connects on the IPS and it is not connected directly from the PSU to the OPS.

2020-01-30 23.28.29.jpg

Again, thanks for everything!
Do