Tim de Paravicini Amp Designs sounds similar to those from Passlabs - Overview wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Most of his designs are tube amps (mainly EAR) but also some solid state amplifier approaches come from his designs.
But I know only this series from Musical Fidelity, which sounds surprisingly similar to the ZEN/Aleph/First Watt series, if capacitors inside in new condition and good quality:
Musical Fidelity A1 and other integrated amps from first generation based on A1:
Musical Fidelity A1 › Introduction
Also the Model "The Preamplifier" was created by Mr. Tim de Paravicini.
Schematic therefore is here
Head Pre for Denon DL 103 - diyAudio
(post #5 first PDF)
I want to know all solid state amplifier brands and models created by Mr. Tim de Paravicin.
Thank you for your advices.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
MF A1 is , well known , nice sounding little amp (when made properly , not as in original form ) , but speaking strictly about output stage ;

preamp stage is sheer horror , from all angles , made that way because of strict demands , as TdP somewhere stated

anyway , TdP had one EAR Solid State amplifier , I believe single stage mosfet or something as that

it was called Yoshino XXXB

Luxman M4000 Monster 180 WATTS PC Tim De Paravicini Design.

EAR-M100A-Monoblock-Class-A-Amplifier-EAR-USA.

Alchemist Forseti APD20A MkII SS Power Amplifier
Good advices - thank you.
Service manual from Luxman's M4000 includes also a circuit description - go to http://www.hilberink.nl/luxman/m4000/m4000sch.pdf
Very special for me is the single ended emitter follower between the VAS-stage and the darlington push-pull output buffer.
I have heard this amp several times and sound quality is excellent.
Unfortunately there is no schematic for the M100A - go to post #27 under
O.H. Schade (1938) meets MOSFET
simplified schematic for the Forseti APD20A is here:
Alchemist Forseti ADP20 schematics
looks also interesting. I have never heard, but I think, higher idle current for the input stage and the VAS stage encrease additional the sound quality.

TdP was contracted by Luxman in 1975 for 50th anniversary of the company. He designed several highly sought after models such as power amps M6000 and M4000 as well as preamp C1000.

M4000 actually had unusually long production life for Japanese standards of the era and got improved 5 years later as M4000A which is one the most desired Luxman amps before the current resurection.

Attachments

• mobile fidelity IMG_7491.jpeg
    mobile fidelity IMG_7491.jpeg
    515.8 KB · Views: 335
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.