F5-style pre

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys!
Some pictures from my latest project.
I needed a preamp with some gain to drive my ZV9. The B1 I used had not the juice to drive the amp to full output with some programmaterial.
I wanted a solid state amp and I had already made the powersupplie so the +-15V was in place. I tryed some other preampideas from the internet but I was not fully satisfied. Then I got the idea to do something F5-like. And it worked out rather well I think. Please give me some feedback. More pictures if you want.
Merry christmas from Sweden, Abrandt

Attachments

• IMG_5250fix.JPG
    IMG_5250fix.JPG
    946.4 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_5242fix.JPG
    IMG_5242fix.JPG
    734.6 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG_5237fix.JPG
    IMG_5237fix.JPG
    365.5 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_5236fix.jpg
    IMG_5236fix.jpg
    929.4 KB · Views: 676
Indra1
The cascod is mostly because I would try to do it and maybe to get a little less distortion. You could absoluteley make a version without them. Your question about the reference voltage, I don't understand. I have to get fixed voltage at about 5 Volt's at the bases. I could done that without the zeners maybe but ??
/Abrandt

I thought it was high current. It would be interesting to see what sounded better although a to-220 mosfet can take much more current than bc550.

It looks like Nelson is using small smd mosfets in preamps as the voltage stage these days...and bipolars just for cascode.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.