MoFo inductor options for use above 1kHz only

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And, if you really want to bark at the moon you can power your compression driver amp with a battery. :)

When you attach wires to the PCB mounted screw terminals do you then tin the wires or just twist the cores?

I am about to mount wires on my MoFo project and has a doubt what will be the technical most right solution. For the ACA I mounted special terminals for this purpose but for MoFo I will just mount the wires directly in the screw terminals. I would like to tin the wires as this makes them more robust to mount and unmount several times......but I don't know if the tin will "float" during long time presure so connection will be bad over time?

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Pascal,
Nice use of CPU cooler!

646292d1510917366-mofo-inductor-options-1khz-fbd6c45f-4cfe-49fc-917a-c74aeb7dd045-jpg

Ok still haven't started my MoFo too many other things happening!

As I plan to use these for my mid range horns which run from about 400hz up I've been looking at other inductor options. Just checked my leftover xover parts and I have a couple of options:
P-Core 14mH 17AWG 0.592 Ω
P-Core 4.7mH 15AWG 0.224 Ω

I also have some good capacitors around the 20-30uf range.

My plan is to use a 19v laptop supply and the drivers are 16ohm.

Are these coils suitable for my freq range? What about the caps, do I need to go bigger?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.