Most Greedy Boy, of them all... or (there is no) DEFiSIT of Papa's Koans

... after that , in vivo ....... I'm glad that in vivo , things are even better than sim. prediction, judging by experience with Sissy and Babelfish M25
Sorry to disappoint, the big SITs are just beyond my budget, I am working on a hybrid using regular IRFP240 and remember you guys so I drew up the schematic and sim it as a gift. Current in progress project is as attached.

Attachments

• Russky DHP Hybrid.gif
    Russky DHP Hybrid.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 535
Simpler Spook R1

A TO-220 pnp bjt was chosen to replace the axial lead diode to be mounted on the same heatsink with the TO-126 BD140 for better thermal tracking. An Rbias was also added to trim bias to desired value.

Attachments

• Simpler Spook R1.gif
    Simpler Spook R1.gif
    19.9 KB · Views: 226
  • Simpler Spook R1.asc
    4 KB · Views: 50
... having some kwayzee name for your intended Enterprise ?...
I worship Papa for introducing me to the excellent A40, my first diy build during my college days. Decades later Srajan and Sakuma poisoned my sonic digestive system real bad. So my work will be mostly a sprinkling combo of Pass & fanz inspired ideas with direct heated critters. To honor you and Mr. MR, I will try to include at least a piece of iron part in my designs. Still has no thought about any name and the plan is only to contribute a little bit to the diy audio community. :)