Most Greedy Boy, of them all... or (there is no) DEFiSIT of Papa's Koans

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
no way Bubba

I asked not because I'm scared of soldering little buggers , but because I would sleep better knowing that entire amp current is not going through two tiny legs (pair plus pair) .....hoping that there is package with little less tiny legs

doesn't matter how much adapter looks nice and useful (however , nothing saving you from actually soldering little critter) , traces at adapter are too tiny for currents involved, so finally just exaggerating level of nightmares :rofl:

me thinks that regular fuses are much easier to implement :devilr:

Hey, we have similar type of "tender age" dodo eyes here, we prefer the small TO264 fuses compared to the marginally visible TO92 dust spec. :D
Found larger package ACS770/780 family for 50-200A, less resolution and spice model not found yet. Datasheet can be downloaded from here, can not attach due to forum pdf size limit. Not certain to be usable due to low resolution.

For the SOIC8, solder paste really helps as shown on youtube vid here. A bit easier, less chance for a short, the excess flux actually flows the solder to the pads. A couple of short pieces of solid copper wires can easily be added easily enough to avoid nightmares.

yup

though ..... I meant to ask indra - did he found some bigger cased buggers , with same characteristics ......... :)

preparing one short list of special parts , to order ...... none of them being in regular stock of my usual vendors

as soon I finish that list , with ACS buggers too , I can start count 2 or 3 weeks to delivery
I did some DigiKey searches and found this one: Tamura L18P003D15. http://www.tamuracorp.com/clientuploads/pdfs/engineeringdocs/L18PXXXD15.pdf. It is not a drop in replacement for the Allegro device but might be made to work. There are some other 'Thru Hole' mounted Hall Effect sensors listed at DigiKey that might be of interest.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
though , after some searching , Tamura isn't so good , considering both price and transfer characteristic ...... (checked several models )

just found some modules on TME , no solo chips

pic is good and informative ...... all I needed from this search :)

Attachments

• ACS chip physical implementation.jpg
    ACS chip physical implementation.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 466
Low voltage hybrid power gyrator assisted SE amplifier

Papa's opto bias is really crazy amazing. I'd like to share a sim of a CFP MOS output stage with an alternative no source degeneration scheme with DF ~140. When higher DF is desired, an Opto & Hall chip combo can be chosen instead.

However, it is not easy to see the merit of the circuit in LTspice. 4H and above distortion figures reported in log file are useless being buried under simulation noise floor.
The trick is to choose Hann or Blackman "windowing function" on FFT view to clean up noise floor and give more meaningful figures. At 1W, the circuit exhibit monotonic distortion spectra with 3H and higher distortion figures rivaling those of the very best conventional DHT SE tube amps, at least in simulation. The 2SK79 can be replaced by a 6DJ8 with appropriate adjustment of V9 if desired.

Attachments

• 2SK79 CFP TMos M2 VST.gif
    2SK79 CFP TMos M2 VST.gif
    28 KB · Views: 615
  • 2SK79 CFP TMos M2 VST FFT.gif
    2SK79 CFP TMos M2 VST FFT.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 604
  • 2SK79 CFP TMos M2 VST Sim Files.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 63
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm tellin' ya all , all the time , that M2 is a Gem......

I made comparison sims of regular M2 and "M25" , and sent pics to Papa

I have an impression that he greened , having half glass of wine in hand , thinking ........ "who cares , I made it good enough "

having fun , while making it is , I believe , most important thing I learned from him

(most probably sole thing I was able to learn at all :rofl: )