Aleph 2 Clone Power Amp Output Mismatch (4dB)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I hope you can help me solve this issue...

I have a pair of Aleph 2 Clones Monoblocks that have a sensitivity imbalance of -4 dB (on left monoblock vs the right monoblock) as measured using my RTA software and calibrated microphone. I am using only one microphone input to eliminate the microphone & software as any potential issue.

I measured the speaker from 1 foot away to eliminate the room but again I am using 1 speaker only so both measurements should be the same.

I swapped left & right outputs from the Aleph P1.7 to each Aleph 2 and the imbalance stayed with the left monoblock, so I ruled out the Encoder-based resistor-relay volume control of the P1.7.
I used only 1 speaker for both power amps to eliminate the speakers as a potential source.

So what do you guys think could result in 4 dB difference between each Aleph 2 monoblocks.

I am using the balanced inputs for the aleph 2's.

Both amps work fine with no issues whatsoever.

Is there a pot to adjust sensitivity? Is there an open somewhere on one of the outputs or ? I thought about the balanced versus single-ended inputs ( assuming one phase of the balanced is at fault etc. but I assumed it would be a 6 dB difference.

Very confused! Any ideas?

Please make any comments... I haven't opened up the amps to determine what's at fault yet...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.