Can I build one?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Damkel, if it serves you right, I didn’t know what a capacitor was (still don’t know for sure), and i started reading and reading and asking questions and, after some months, I have an amazinf F6, and Im soooo very proud... The most important is reading everything as many times as you need, ask for help, question each step you take, and be very aware of doing things safely. Check everything and make drawings that might help you understand. It has been a very rewarding experience for me, and the people here are truly amazing. 6L6 build guides provide 90% of what you need to know.

So hope to see your finished proyect soon!

So, my Alpair 7.3 arrived today, the recipe says mix sawing, gluing and wood and then sprinkle a little luck on top after some days I hope to have a couple of frugal horns :)

While waiting for the ACA 1.1... can a ACA drive a frugal horn with a Alpair 7.3 or will I be disappointed? Should I rather build one of the other like a F5?
If the ACA is OK I think I would prefer to start with that one as a learning project.
Any thoughts?

So, my Alpair 7.3 arrived today, the recipe says mix sawing, gluing and wood and then sprinkle a little luck on top after some days I hope to have a couple of frugal horns :)

While waiting for the ACA 1.1... can a ACA drive a frugal horn with a Alpair 7.3 or will I be disappointed? Should I rather build one of the other like a F5?
If the ACA is OK I think I would prefer to start with that one as a learning project.
Any thoughts?

I'm running the ACA (built in late November with 1.1 modifications in December - 24V power, 39.2K r12 instead of 68.1K, bias at 12.5V) with the Frugel Horn 3's. I have the Fostex 126en drivers currently but am probably going to the A7.3 soon. You will love them both. The ACA is everything they say it is, and so are the Fh3's.
I haven't posted pics of the ACA yet since it's still open mounted on a board. Haven't built an enclosure yet so it looks kind of hideous. Quite the opposite of how it sounds. Good luck.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.