FirstWatt F6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
F6_DIY_SCH.gif

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Pat,

I'm guessing the side that is not biasing up correctly has 4.5V across the zeners?
What are you using for R7 and R8 and what value zener are you using? What
are you rail voltages?

I'm guessing you may need to change to higher value zeners and decrease R7 and R8.

Cheers,
Dennis

Thank you all for the help, I know all of you have forgotten more than I know! I ordered the parts, 6v8 zeners and 3k3 resistors. This means 2 things I hate, waiting, and desoldering / rework........grrrrrrrrrrrr! I'll be back, have a good day, and be careful out there.

She's alive! I made the suggested changes, fired up, set bias at .5v, offset at 0, let it cook, checked, looked good, and now she's making music! I only had a old cheapo tablet handy to run it off of for now, still sounds good though. Thank you Nelson Pass for the design, and thank you to the store, if not for boards and fets etc and 6L6's build guide and help from others I wouldn't have built it. Now, I need to build a pre amp! For tonight though, back to the music.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.