Build This MoFo!

I got the fugly compliment!

Originally, I used one choke for both the positive and negative sides but I believe it became saturated. The choke became hot to the touch when I set the bias above 1 amp. Once I complete the chassis, I will be testing it out again! Thank you!

Bao

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
It's purely a function of bandwidth. I'm finishing up the ACA guide, although the next rev. will have enough changes in it to warrant quite a bit of new photography. The F5 kit guide will follow shortly, then Zen Mod's Iron Preamp (which is incredibly good sounding), and the M2X

I'm currently swamped, and as much as I'd LOVE to build some (and fully intend to), I must clear out some stuff first.

Not necessarily a positive and negative side. Those chokes are used instead of the Hammond 193T. It’s like two bridged MoFos and I wanted to use a bipolar supply, that’s why I used the IRFP9240. Both sides are mirror images of each other than the positive and negative rails. I’m still learning and most of the times, I don’t describe things very well.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Not X as in a cross-balanced Aleph X, but X as in "Choose X topology front-end buffer"

Complimentary Jfet, SE jfet, opamp, SMD opamp, etc... All on interchangeable daughtercards. Build it as originally designed if you want or with some fancy-shmanzy SMD awesome parts, or something else, whatever you can source parts for or are curious about. Been curious what a Pass amp would sound like with a different front-end?

Now we'll know. :)

/thread hijack

MO FO

A couple of photos of my MOFO! Monos.
Thank You Mike they sound Terrific!!!

Steve.

Attachments

• 2 - 1 (4).jpg
    2 - 1 (4).jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,034
  • 2 - 1 (5).jpg
    2 - 1 (5).jpg