Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Build This MoFo!
Build This MoFo!
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM   #1761
Vix is offline Vix  Yugoslavia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrk971 View Post
Actually have a 6yr old who knows all about electrical safety and even about electronics and amps already, and he has even soldered his own F5.
That's great!
Now Nelson can add a line to the F5 article: "An amp that even a 6yr old can assemble"
Joking a bit, but that's really cool. Wish he further develops the talent and becmes better than his father. I have a 6 yr old too, but he's more interested in math
Regarding "caseless" amps, there's a certain minimalistic appeal in running electronics on just a piece of wood. Once you put them in a nice shiny case, they don't sound as good
Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM   #1762
Eric is offline Eric  United States
diyAudio Member

Build This MoFo!
Awesome! Makes me feel a little bad that I waited until our daughters were 9 or 10 before I had them soldering their amps together.

MEPER: thanks for the details on the regulators!
My DIY Basement Theater, Aleph-X Amps, Avro Open Baffle Speakers, LDR based BA-3 pre, Pearl II, highly modded Technics SL-1200, F4, M2, Aleph-J, MoFo, a40, several ACAs, FHXL, Tang Band 1772 bass-reflex
Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM   #1763
marconi118 is online now marconi118  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrk971 View Post
Yes, SE Class A amps have dominant 2nd harmonic distortion with descending higher orders and that is why it sounds pleasing to the ears. The zero global feedback keeps the correct phase relationships, along with single full range driver - so that the soundstage and imaging are very accurate. An ultralow distortion amp with a typical balanced front end and lots of negative feedback will not sound the same beccause of the harmonic profile and phase relationships. Some people prefer dominant third order distortion and lots of negative feedback though. I agree that the MoFo with a fullrange speaker sounds great. It is my daily player in the kitchen with Amazon Dot (Alexa) as source and an Aksa Lender preamp, then 0.53x scale Karlsonator full range speakers with dual 3FE25-16's. Superb combination.
how would be the harmonic profile (H2 vs H3 and phase) using 2 mofos bridged for each channel?
Input form each mofo per channel fed by the + and respectively the - output of a balanced DAC
Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM   #1764
xrk971 is online now xrk971  United States
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

Build This MoFo!
In bridged mode with balanced drive maybe 2nd harmonic might be reduced? Slew rate doubles and power is 4x more though if everything is idea. That’s how single rail 12v Class D amps operating in BTL get something upwards of 25wrms.

Build This MoFo!Hide this!Advertise here!