Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Build This MoFo!
Build This MoFo!
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th June 2018, 01:24 PM   #1151
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Build This MoFo!
The Universal v3 PSU + Gnd - board can be turned into two parallel Gnd + boards merely by not connecting the grounds together in the center of the PCB.
Old 9th June 2018, 03:17 PM   #1152
Cinco is offline Cinco  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post
The Universal v3 PSU + Gnd - board can be turned into two parallel Gnd + boards merely by not connecting the grounds together in the center of the PCB.
That's basically what mine is. 15VAC transformer that loads down to 12.6VAC for about 17.5VDC out at 1.3A bias. The only difference is I replaced the resistors between the cap banks with 2mH, 4A inductors.

I'll probably go with a 15VAC, 250 or 300VA when I build into chassis. Those little transformers mechanically buzz too much.
Old 9th June 2018, 04:21 PM   #1153
El Reino is offline El Reino  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontero View Post
Hi El Reino
did you compare with smps?
Sorry, I canít help you
Old 9th June 2018, 04:42 PM   #1154
oreo382 is offline oreo382  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post
So are you saying instead of a + and - supply you can have 2 + supplies ?
If so, on the normal negative supply the r between the 2 sets of caps is in the negative leg of the circuit not the positive leg as in the positive supply.Would this have an effect on anything?
Old 10th June 2018, 06:18 PM   #1155
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo382 View Post
So are you saying instead of a + and - supply you can have 2 + supplies ?
If so, on the normal negative supply the r between the 2 sets of caps is in the negative leg of the circuit not the positive leg as in the positive supply.Would this have an effect on anything?
I would reverse the polarity on the caps of the negative side of the board (C1, C2, C5 and C6). Then reverse the connections of the negative side rectifier going to the negative side cap board:
V++2 to D--2
V+2 to D-2
V--2 to D++2
V-2 to D+2

Then go ahead and tie the grounds together of both sides for star grounding. This puts the resistors between caps on the + side of both sides now. Of course the V- output is now a V+
Old 11th June 2018, 03:18 AM   #1156
oreo382 is offline oreo382  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
I would reverse the polarity on the caps of the negative side of the board (C1, C2, C5 and C6). Then reverse the connections of the negative side rectifier going to the negative side cap board:
V++2 to D--2
V+2 to D-2
V--2 to D++2
V-2 to D+2

Then go ahead and tie the grounds together of both sides for star grounding. This puts the resistors between caps on the + side of both sides now. Of course the V- output is now a V+
Yes,that is what i was thinking.
Old 16th June 2018, 11:22 AM   #1157
vitalstates is offline vitalstates  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

here's bodgy..

I dont have an active pre-amp so I've put an op-amp on the front with a gain of 3. It's 2sk1058 and hammond 159ZC. I'll start at about 1.1 amps bias cos I'm not sure of the heatsinks...

the power supply shown is from another project but I'll use half of it here for the op-amp. The fets will be powered from 2 x 24v smps that I had lying around.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg se latfet40.jpg (150.1 KB, 490 views)
File Type: jpg ps dua40l.jpg (170.8 KB, 479 views)
Old 16th June 2018, 11:33 AM   #1158
coolnose is offline coolnose  Europe
diyAudio Member

Nice one!
Old 16th June 2018, 11:46 AM   #1159
El Reino is offline El Reino  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalstates View Post
here's bodgy..

I dont have an active pre-amp so I've put an op-amp on the front with a gain of 3. It's 2sk1058 and hammond 159ZC. I'll start at about 1.1 amps bias cos I'm not sure of the heatsinks...

the power supply shown is from another project but I'll use half of it here for the op-amp. The fets will be powered from 2 x 24v smps that I had lying around.

Good job
Old 16th June 2018, 03:20 PM   #1160
diyAudio Member

I like the pipe clamps for cap brackets. I'll have to remember that for future projects.

Build This MoFo!Hide this!Advertise here!