B1 with Korg Triode

I think Nelson's phrase " It's entertainment, not dialysis" says it all. We are just having fun. Life is full of enough stressors. Build it, kick back and enjoy.
I agree. But if there ever was a group of guys searching for perfection, it's audiophiles! :) A lesson it's taken a lifetime for me to learn has been, "don't let perfection get in the way of the good".

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I agree. But if there ever was a group of guys searching for perfection, it's audiophiles!

..and that's the problem. Perfection is in no way achievable. If for no other reason than your description of perfection and mine are going to be quite different.

"It's all entertainment!" Is the single most important idea to be embraced in this hobby, and I absolutely love it. :yes:

Carry on and build stuff.

Attachments

• 2B9F8644-EC33-43DE-9A5B-E7108CD9ECC6.JPG
    2B9F8644-EC33-43DE-9A5B-E7108CD9ECC6.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,041
Joined 2017
Paid Member
I put an order in for this to see what it looks like. I'll post some detailed pictures of it whenever it arrives.

Well, it took 7 weeks to get here, but I finally received my NUTUBE ACCESSORY KIT 01.

The cover and socket are nice. I think you could use the socket on the B1K board if you wanted an simpler way to swap Nutubes (if needed). You'd need to do a bit of cutting to make the cover work. Maybe use a Dremel to cut a slot for the socket. This would add some extra shielding if you case has air flow slots in it that are potentially causing problems due to microphonics.

Attachments

• NUTUBE_ACCESSORY_KIT_01.jpg
    NUTUBE_ACCESSORY_KIT_01.jpg
    737.7 KB · Views: 899
Thank you Happyrabbit for the supplied link.

Yesterday, I was given a opportunity to listen to B1 Korg, that has been built by a friend and Member of my local HiFi Group.
I know it has been slightly changed in the build/listening process, a Off Board Power Supply has been added, and there has been a exchange of volume control Pot's.
I know there was also talk of doing an additional mod' to overcome a unwanted noise at the time of powering on, or other wise a sequence of powering on is to be carried out.

Unfortunately my hearing is off balance at present, as a knock on symptom from a recent illness, so I was not getting the full experience that was on offer.

There was many moments during the replay that I was caught by the presentation, there was a clarity, airiness around performers, and deepness to the Soundstage that is not commonly perceived.
For the cost of the build I was auditioning, this is a great VFM device, and as a result there are more PCB's being ordered for other group members, some who were aspiring to extremely expensive Pre Amps are now putting their intended plans on hold, and entering into the B1 Korg experience.