B1 with Korg Triode

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Nice implementation, Marra! I was considering going the LDR route as well - I have a few sets and a dedicated 5v regulator board sitting in my parts box still. For now, I'm using a $20 Chinese 50k stepped ladder. Perhaps I'll wire up the LDR at a later date and see how it compares...

Worth the effort Eric imho. I've gone overkill with a Salas 1.1bib supply for the LDR. lovely on female vocals.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Prototype chassis photos

Prototype Store Chassis

Here are some photos of the Prototype store chassis, it's about 98% correct, there's a couple layout issues that will be corrected (move all the holes a bit to the right, move the PCB more towards the center, etc...) but generally this is what it will look like - and I think it looks great! :yes:

There will also be a parts kit available, similar to what's shown but not exactly what's seen here. Will be similar or better. :)

Timeframe? Soon(ish)

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2408.jpeg
    IMG_2408.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 900
  • IMG_2410.jpeg
    IMG_2410.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 903
  • IMG_2411.jpeg
    IMG_2411.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 2,560
  • IMG_2412.jpeg
    IMG_2412.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 887
  • IMG_2413.jpeg
    IMG_2413.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 1,880
Last edited:
Joined 2016
Paid Member
Prototype Store Chassis

Here are some photos of the Prototype store chassis, it's about 98% correct, there's a couple layout issues that will be corrected (move all the holes a bit to the right, move the PCB more towards the center, etc...) but generally this is what it will look like - and I think it looks great! :yes:

There will also be a parts kit available, similar to what's shown but not exactly what's seen here. Will be similar or better. :)

Timeframe? Soon(ish)

757115d1558035564-b1-korg-triode-img_2411-jpeg

Nice clean lines, and well laid out. Great job Jim, thanks again for working on these projects for us!

Prototype Store Chassis

Timeframe? Soon(ish)

Looks great nice and simple and attractive.

to avtech23 #2356

Hello avtech23,

this is the question! This is why I didn't put my headphones with inverted polarity
to the B1 NUTUBE.
A headphone jack shares ground on one Pin/ring and + right and + left.are
seperated rings / contacts.
So I would have to slice the cables to the headphone. I do not want to do that.
And you would have to do that on the loudspeaker of the headphone.
Or you have a headphone where + and -/gnd are coming out of each side.

Inverting buffer could be a possibility. but adds another stage. :confused:

I also wanted to try this with my STAX. But the adapter is transformer coupled.
And if I invert polarity between B1 NUTUBE preamp output and input poweramp I would send the signal + of the preamp to gnd of the poweramp
and the gnd/- of the preamp to the + of the input of the poweramp.
I don't wanna make a short.
Greets
Dirk

Prototype Store Chassis

Timeframe? Soon(ish)

@ Jim 6L6
Very beautiful look, nice clean work as usual
Which switch was used for input selection?