B1 with Korg Triode

I have a possibly silly question, since I haven't waded through the entire thread, but are these going to be available as full kits eventually, or just the boards with members acquiring their own components and cases for stuffing?

The boards with matched JFETs and resistors should be available in the store soon. You will have to supply the remaining components yourself.

Packed, labeled and ready to go!

Have fun with them, gents!!

BK

Attachments

• IMG_1214.jpg
    IMG_1214.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 1,128
Would anybody know, or how to work out, what values I should use on the way up to 50k?

I don't remember where I found this table, but this might also be helpful for you since it has lots of values for a variety of configurations:

Attachments

• Potentiometer Resistor Values.jpg
    Potentiometer Resistor Values.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 1,055
Question. I have had this idea and now I want to marry the Korg B1 together with it. I have a Bottelhead Quicksand and I want to use the Korg B1 with it to make a hybrid amp that runs on batteries. I am going to take a wild guess and assume the Korg B1 will not tolerate voltage drop, right? Would I have to regulate voltage? I have no knowledge, so don’t ask me why I choose to complicate things. Sorry.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Dennis, you may have noticed that two of your boards were different
and intended for you - they are the DIY production and include provision
for both the Toshiba/LS Jfets but all the Fairchild/Onsemi. That should
cover the pinouts for all the To-92's I know of.

As you were provided with matched 2SK370's, you will want 0 ohms for the
R1 resistor values.

In case I failed to mention it....

:wiz:

Update on some tinkering I’ve been doing with my build:

I was messing around with some scope measurements on the DC input to the circuit and noticed more noise than I wanted. The CR filter was rejecting all of it by T2, but the frequency was higher than at the DC in. Looks like the buck converter I was using for the power led was responsible — I observed added noise with both the smps and a 24v LM317 PSU. I removed the buck converter and the noise significantly reduced with the SMPS and is completely gone with the LM317. I’m now running with the LM317 just because I had it available.

On second harmonic measurements, I’ve been having difficulty getting one of the channels to dial into a 1% 2H distortion within the recommended positive phase voltage range. It sticks around 1.3% or so with very low third harmonic. The other channel dials nicely into 1% within the .3v variance referenced by Papa. I can’t tell a difference in listening, i just found it an interesting observation.

Looking forward to seeing some more builds soon with the US nutube shipments out!