Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

B1 with Korg Triode
B1 with Korg Triode
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th December 2018, 09:49 PM   #431
MEPER is offline MEPER  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Ok......I was thinking if only one version should be handled (the expensive) then this version would be a little bit cheaper than if two versions should be handled. I would go with the expensive (best components). Compared to the time it takes to finish such an amp.....the price difference is not important for me…...but maybe it is for other…..
Old 6th December 2018, 06:45 AM   #432
avdesignguru is offline avdesignguru  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Pass View Post
It would probably be something like the difference between $49 and $99 in the store.
I think 50 bucks is significant in a preamp circuit. Is this just a pinout thing plus possibly some resistor values? If it comes down to only making one board version available, I vote for the LS pinout and I can cross the legs on the J113s if I decide to use them.
Old 6th December 2018, 05:43 PM   #433
Nelson Pass is offline Nelson Pass  United States
The one and only

B1 with Korg Triode
Pinouts and resistors.
Old 7th December 2018, 04:06 PM   #434
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Pinouts and resistors.
How about a second set of holes at each jfet location with the alternate pinout? Seems like there is enough room and the double sided through hole plated board construction should make it relatively easy to lay out.
Old 8th December 2018, 08:25 PM   #435
Nelson Pass is offline Nelson Pass  United States
The one and only

B1 with Korg Triode
Done. New artwork will accommodate DGS and DSG pinouts and
current source degeneration resistors on the buffers.
Old 8th December 2018, 10:25 PM   #436
asphalt is offline asphalt
diyAudio Member

Default Pass B1 Korg

Thank you for your hard work it is appreciated
Old 8th December 2018, 11:55 PM   #437
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Done. New artwork will accommodate DGS and DSG pinouts and
current source degeneration resistors on the buffers.
A Big smile from this particular DIY enthusiast. Lacking an Audio Precision, it would eventually be a helpful starting point to know the recommended plate voltage for minimum distortion, unless Ea = half the voltage present on the supply side of the plate resistor is good enough.
Old 9th December 2018, 01:12 AM   #438
irishpatrick33 is offline irishpatrick33  United States
diyAudio Member

Just my 2 cents:

I think the true value in DIY HiFi is to create high end audio on the cheap. For those just interested in the savings side and not the high end, there are better alternatives; even kits that are pre-assembled (like Parts Express, etc). Pete Millett has his own schematic and board for which people can source their own components. When considering a $50 difference, I think most would take the plunge for the higher end kit.

So here's one vote for the high end option. I am hoping for a way to get notified when the kit is for sale.
Old 9th December 2018, 06:37 AM   #439
jostwid is offline jostwid  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdesignguru View Post
A Big smile from this particular DIY enthusiast. Lacking an Audio Precision, ..............
Lacking and Audio Precision as well.....
i use a UCA202 DAC (20$) with my old laptop to do the measurements

Softwares are: Audio Tester, REW and Arta

After having destroyed two DAC i built an attenuator following a schematic by DM JOFFE (?) i found somewhere here around. Helps a lot
I really would want some means to see the distortion when setting the bias for the Korg triode. The changes in distortion pattern are a lot! In my case i use a setting of well out of half supply voltage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg attenuator.jpg (49.7 KB, 136 views)
Old 9th December 2018, 06:45 AM   #440
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpatrick33 View Post
Just my 2 cents:

I think the true value in DIY HiFi is to create high end audio on the cheap. For those just interested in the savings side and not the high end, there are better alternatives; even kits that are pre-assembled (like Parts Express, etc). Pete Millett has his own schematic and board for which people can source their own components. When considering a $50 difference, I think most would take the plunge for the higher end kit.

So here's one vote for the high end option. I am hoping for a way to get notified when the kit is for sale.
Although the B1 is on PassDIY, it sounds like maybe this will be sold through the DIYaudio store. Just get on their emailing list. They usually send out new stock updates.

B1 with Korg TriodeHide this!Advertise here!