B1 with Korg Triode

Not sure if that would really help us, in Europe - the last time I wanted something from the shop, I almost fell off my chair when I saw the estimated postage. :( I know the guys said they were negotiating with a different carrier or something, which should have reduced the prices, but I haven't tried to order anything recently...

Anyway, checking the Nutube at RS, it appears the price differs quite a bit depending on one's location:

UK: 1pc = £33.16 = 36.70 EUR
60pcs = £28.387/pc = 31.42 EUR

FR: 1pc = 46.49 EUR
60pcs = 36.474 EUR/pc

CZ: 1pc = 1,244 Kč = 48.22 EUR
60pcs = 976.03 Kč/pc = 37.83 EUR

Qwertyl will kill us ;), but a potential GB would be the most effective if it took place in... GB! :) (Including combined shipping with the PCBs.)

I’ve already bought one from RS and it will be at my door tomorrow, ....with free delivery here in the UK from RS it’s a no brainier. I think its a bit to much to ask some one to manage a group buy for the Nutube..seeing that the greater part/s have been gifted to us, pay the $$. I cant see having them posted twice is any sense. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Notice, Nelson says they are Toshiba as well. A truly generous gesture on his behalf. It seems he is putting more of his time into DIY audio than on his commercial work. Something all of us around here should be ever thankful.

So from myself Nelson, a very big and appreciative thank you!!!!!!!!!

OK. I am ordering the extra boards today. We will have some left over
for the stragglers.....

It will take a week or so to get it together, but they should all be out the
door by the 15th.

I have decided to include 8 matched Toshiba Jfets with each, so it will
not be necessary to acquire them.

:cheers:

Thank you so much Nelson!! What a terrific way to end the year.

If there is a spare board going to the UK, could I bag it? I feel greedy already having Pete Millet's version here (the reason I have not chimed in earlier) . If you are serious about a group buy on the tooobs with RS I will speak to my rep there and see if he can do something on the price of a box for us!

O.K.
Here it is an other question.
As you probably know, I'm a Wacky man, with my balanced mania.
I will intend to use two B1 Korg Boards balanced.
What will be then with second harmonics?
If understand well, in this case second harmonics will extinguish each other.
It will kill its charming soundscape.
Any thoughts?
I have this (naive?) idea that if you run the balanced signal through the Nutube stereo board, and adjust 1/2 for positive H2 and the other half for negative H2, they won't cancel out after the conversion to unbalanced - you'd actually get 2x H2. Hence, by fine-tuning the H2 adjustment of the 2 halves, you could get just the right amount of H2 of the desired phase in the unbalanced signal further up the chain - am I completely off my rocker? :)

Thanks a lot Mr. Pass for including the jfets as well :D

Regarding attenuator for the B1-Korg. I have thought about using a stepped one by GlassWare Audio.
I use a 100k GlassWare A3 Stepped Attenuator in in a Aikido Tube Pre (10-12db gain) and it works fine, very transparent and nearly as uncolored as an autoformer passive pre.

GlassWare has a new 100 decrement stepped attenuator kit but only in 20K Attn-1: 100-Decrements Stepped Attenuator

Would a 20k stepped be enough attenuation for the B1Korg in my system? I use FW M2 and F6 and soon a SissySIT with my effective Altec M5s.