B1 with Korg Triode

THANKS Mrs.and Mr.Pass for generosity to DiyAudio Forum Members :grouphug::xmastree:

Updated Diyers list with geographical indications :earth:

Asia :
Dewdrop|1
Manniraj|1
Wanfai|1
Mituisho|1
CFT|1
Edmondchlee|1
Rchomeless|1
Syklab|1
PurpleTube|1
Kp93300|1
CLiu|1
A3cervo|1

total= 12 pcs.

Pacific Australia:
Zum911|1
Noob101|1
GaryS|1
DQ828|1

total = 4 pcs.

Canada :
Dennis Hui|1
Atom666|1
Marcopolo|2
Twichie|1

total= 5 pcs.

USA:
Asphalt|1
Hifibluedevil|1
Mrshazbot|1
dBel84|1
Feds27|1
Rpafemberg|1
Tsmith1315|1
Bologna|1
6L6|1
BK856er|1
Mr.dB|1
Naz|1
DestroyerOS|1
Eric|1
Grimberg|1
Vunce|1
Yoaudio|1
Bvtrinh|1
Dtaylo3|1
Jphabc54|1
Golana|1
Ichiban|1
Delecoy|1
Ken lilja|1
1MOR|1
Soundslave|1
Vanofmonks|1
WKCox|1
Jamayfie|1
tubesguy|1
Viridian|1
TungstenAudio|1
Avdesignguru|1
No4|1
CapitanSniffy|1
BillC|1
Irishpatrick33|1
Dmy|1

total= 38 pcs.

Europe

MEPER|2
Berny|1
Jugi63|1
Sov|1
Kbergsson|1
Hadox|1
Mravinski|1
NihonJR06|1
Jostwid|1
Nisbeth|1
Eddyvb|1
Claudio52|1
Mjensen|2
Qwertyl|1
Bassivus|1
Petalouk|2
Asanden|1
Obh|1
Robertofr|1
Mgb1965|1
ElReino|1
MartinJohn|1
Morfeus|1
Laverda|1
Saias|1
Veloplex|1
Andreasw|1
McGillroy|1
JRKO|1
Gyuri|2
Morde|1
Michi124|1
Rogerjulien|1
Dcd3500rg|1
1543|1
Kim Bay Smidt|1
Spades|1
Difool|1
Dill3000|1
32y0|1
Curryman|1
RemcoB|1
R-K Rønningstad|1
Xbitwise|1
Schlomoff|1
Fabian85|1
Soundhappy|1

total= 51 pcs.

World total= :lock:110pcs:lock:Is THE END the list is full & closehohohoho

Warm Thanks to Mr Nelson Pass ! The Incredible nice MAN :up::santa: :xmastree: Merry Christmas Peace and Love

xa16.gif

Thanks Nelson for the incredible generosity!

When, and to whom, do we send our contact information?

If I prefer a preamp with a balance control, would I need to use 100K Vol and 100K Bal in place of the 50K Vol on the schematic? Or would it be preferable to retain the 50K Vol and use a mono linear pot (maybe 100K - 500K-ish?), with the wiper grounded, for Bal?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Mr. db (and all other USA participants who have not yet done so) please PM me your exact shipping info including real name, and also your email for paypal and group communication. I'm collecting this information to distribute the boards to those on the USA list. I'm also maintaining a Google spreadsheet here: click me.

BK

Thanks Nelson for the incredible generosity!

When, and to whom, do we send our contact information?

If I prefer a preamp with a balance control, would I need to use 100K Vol and 100K Bal in place of the 50K Vol on the schematic? Or would it be preferable to retain the 50K Vol and use a mono linear pot (maybe 100K - 500K-ish?), with the wiper grounded, for Bal?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Have a look here: Potentiometers (Beginners' Guide to Pots).

I was thinking of two separate [mono] potentiometers, one per channel, with a friction coupling, such that turning just one knob would turn both. For balancing the levels, you would have to hold one steady while turning the other.

About shipping details please write PM to

Dewdrop :up::) is the official distributor to contact for Asia Diyer's

Gary S :up::) is the official distributor to contact for Australian Diyer's

Dennis Hui :up::) is the official pcb's distributor to contact for Canadian Diyer's

Bk856er :up::) is the official distributor for the USA link:

Pass B1 Korg xmas - Google Sheets

For all geographical Europe is Qwertyl :up::) in the UK link :

B1 Korg Christmas Europe - Google Sheets

Thanks to All Volounteers :xmasman::house::xmastree::snowman:

Given there are 50 of us in Europe, I'm wondering if it would make sense to do a GB for the Nutubes themselves...? Seems that in a box of 60, the price is ~10 EUR less a piece, but adding the postage* for distribution to the members would then decrease the savings to perhaps 5 EUR a piece... Is there no other place one could buy these from in quantity for a price better than at RS...? (* But if we could combine the GB with the boards distribution...?)

Oh, and since I've already used up my THANKS uber combo ;) a few pages back - just a regular MEGA THANKS to Mr Pass for the additional surprise he prepared for us! :D

Just a thought, maybe the DIYAudio store can look at a deal with regards to supplying and selling well over 100 of these at a good price. With a total of 110 Xmas presents and the fact that they will be also selling the PCB or maybe a kit in the near future, it might pay to look into it.

Any thoughts at all on this Jason?

Just a thought, maybe the DIYAudio store can look at a deal with regards to supplying and selling well over 100 of these at a good price. With a total of 110 Xmas presents and the fact that they will be also selling the PCB or maybe a kit in the near future, it might pay to look into it.

Any thoughts at all on this Jason?
Not sure if that would really help us, in Europe - the last time I wanted something from the shop, I almost fell off my chair when I saw the estimated postage. :( I know the guys said they were negotiating with a different carrier or something, which should have reduced the prices, but I haven't tried to order anything recently...

Anyway, checking the Nutube at RS, it appears the price differs quite a bit depending on one's location:

UK: 1pc = £33.16 = 36.70 EUR
60pcs = £28.387/pc = 31.42 EUR

FR: 1pc = 46.49 EUR
60pcs = 36.474 EUR/pc

CZ: 1pc = 1,244 Kč = 48.22 EUR
60pcs = 976.03 Kč/pc = 37.83 EUR

Qwertyl will kill us ;), but a potential GB would be the most effective if it took place in... GB! :) (Including combined shipping with the PCBs.)

Is the BOM based on the article by Mr. Pass?
Several parts are missing:
10R in the PSU
221R
several 221K
several 2200uF
9.1 zener
and maybe more

So far I see no edits to the values in the BoM - can somebody please crosscheck and see if everything is correct! Especially voltages for the capacitors - no value yet for the 1000uf parts.

Last edited: