Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

B1 with Korg Triode
B1 with Korg Triode
B1 with Korg Triode Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th August 2019, 11:55 AM   #2981
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

B1 with Korg Triode
This is just a heads up post to let people in this thread know that at 5PM PST / 8PM EST / 12AM GMT we'll have a "pioneer" batch of up to 45 Korg B1 completion kits and Korg B1 chassis available for sale for the most adventurous of builders. There's also another a bunch of extra chassis for those who would like a nice home for their already completed project.

This won't be advertised anywhere except in this thread as they're intended for only the most active participants who can give quick feedback on any problems they encounter.

To build a complete preamplifier you will need:
  1. 1 x Nutube (available, $49.99)
  2. 1 x PCB + JFET kit (currently sold out, $25)
  3. 1 x Completion kit (available this evening, $99)
  4. 1 x Chassis (available this evening, $129)

This batch is intended to flush out any problems before we do a larger run, which will be organized as a pre-order. There shouldn't be too many issues, but you never know until people starting building.

To be eligible to grab one of these kits previous experience is not required (a wide range of skill levels would be ideal). However as the purpose of the exercise is to gather solid feedback from real builders we do kindly ask that you:
  • Have already obtained the PCB + JFETs kit (it's not included in the completion kit and it's also currently sold out)
  • Either be in the US, or if international choose an express shipping method (if you're international you'll only see express options if you have this product in your cart)
  • Be ready to start building immediately and give feedback within days (the sooner you give feedback, the sooner we can offer this kit to everyone else)
  • Be prepared to resolve any minor problems yourself

After ensuring things go smoothly for this first batch of "pioneers", we will make any adjustments required and open a pre-order to everyone who is subscribed to the "Email Me When Available" full kit notification list.

When will the production version of the kit be available?

If you have registered your interest by joining the mailing list we'll email you as soon as we start the pre-order. We'll start taking pre-orders as soon as we are confident with the feedback from this first batch. September 15th would be a good estimate for the pre-order to start (it all depends how quick we get feedback). September 30th might be when it closes, with it shipping by October 30th.

There are 4 different parts to this kit. Demand is difficult to predict, and a pre-order will ensure everyone gets exactly what they want and nobody misses out.

What's going to happen at 5PM PST / 8PM EST?

A link to the sales page will be posted in this thread at this time precisely. The page won't be made public, it's just for you guys. If you want to hear about it first, make sure you get instant thread notifications for this thread, they aren't going to spam. Or sit on the front page of diyAudio.com and click refresh everything few seconds.

Wouldn't it be better if you had some kind of queuing system like for buying a concert ticket or trying to buy a Burning Man ticket

Yes, it would I hope to implement something like this in the future to take everyone's stress levels down a notch

Last edited by Jason; 26th August 2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old 26th August 2019, 01:44 PM   #2982
bullitt5094 is offline bullitt5094  United States
DIY Rookie
diyAudio Member

B1 with Korg Triode
Cool! Thanks Jason. Do you have a picture of what the chassis will look like? I understand it's different than what we've see so far in this thread.
Old 26th August 2019, 01:58 PM   #2983
DIY Rookie
diyAudio Member

B1 with Korg Triode
1) Is this still the current chassis design?

2) If so I see it has the thick faceplate with an Alps Volume control. I had difficulties mounting an Alps through a thick faceplate. Are provisions made in the FP to allow a "normal" mounting of the Alps or any volume control with normal dimensions.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 26th August 2019, 04:33 PM   #2984
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Moderator

B1 with Korg Triode
Yes, the chassis is essentially that photo.

The front panel has a recess in the front to let the Alps pot mount and make room for the knob.
Old 27th August 2019, 12:12 AM   #2985
diyAudio Administrator

B1 with Korg Triode
Please see below, these photos were taken of this fresh batch that's actually going on sale today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC0068.jpg (229.0 KB, 801 views)
Old 27th August 2019, 12:59 AM   #2986
diyAudio Administrator

B1 with Korg Triode
The completion kits and chassis are now available for sale.
  • Chassis: There are plenty and anyone is welcome to grab one
  • Completion Kits: If you buy one, thanks for being part of the first wave and please do try to get your feedback in within 2 weeks
Korg Nutube B1 – diyAudio Store

Last edited by Jason; 27th August 2019 at 01:09 AM.
Old 27th August 2019, 01:04 AM   #2987
pfarrell is offline pfarrell  United States
diyAudio Member

Amazing! When do you expect the PCB and JFETS back in stock? Thanks.
Old 27th August 2019, 04:20 AM   #2988
diyAudio Moderator

B1 with Korg Triode
I’m out of town for a few more days but will have photos of the chassis and chassis wiring shortly after I return. The chassis looks fantastic, and it’s going to be the perfect project for a whole bunch of people. I’m really looking forward to seeing the completions.

As for PCB/jfets, those come from Nelson himself, then last time we talked a couple days ago he had more of the boards on order.

Last edited by 6L6; 27th August 2019 at 04:22 AM.
Old 27th August 2019, 01:31 PM   #2989
DIY Rookie
diyAudio Member

B1 with Korg Triode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
The completion kits and chassis are now available for sale.
  • Chassis: There are plenty and anyone is welcome to grab one
Jason, were these Chassis shipped before the Italian holiday or are they shipping product again now? I hope they've wandered back to work so I can get my 4U I ordered weeks ago to complete my F5 project. The B1K needs an F5 behind it!
Old 27th August 2019, 01:51 PM   #2990
diyAudio Moderator

B1 with Korg Triode
Made before the holiday.

B1 with Korg TriodeHide this!Advertise here!