Iron Pumpkin(s) and other smaller vegetable animals

Iron Pumkin is my favorite preamplifier. And that's why I really wanted to add the remote volume control. Today I connected it to my system and it sounds fantastic. And I like that it's very quiet, and the remote control works like a charm and it's so comfortable😉. Thank you ZenMod for this wonderful volume control and for all your support!

:eek: Wonderfuuuuugly! :up: :cheers:

Ooo nice! I’m not very familiar with the Iron Pumpkin; just started reading about it. The mention that there’ll be kits coming to the DIYAudio store at BAF last weekend piqued my interest.

I currently use an 80’s NAD 1600 preamp. Sounds pretty good to me but it does have a bunch of features I never use and could easily do without. But the remote control volume is one thing I don’t think I’ll ever be able to do without in a preamp after having it for awhile. So it’s good to hear that it’s possible with the Iron Pumpkin!

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
differentiate Iron Pre(s, plural) (Store, One of these days), and Iron Pumpkin(s, plural)(Careful with that Axe, Eugene)

Iron Pre is beautiful little thingie, sounding good - even surprisingly for people not used on properly arranged xformers ........ while Iron Pumpkin is, no modesty from ZM, completely Another Beast

little one started here: What's wrong with the kiss, boy ?

our dear Wakoo Frequent Flyer Jim did show module and pcbs of that one

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm sending all my Drek as "commercial sample" with minimal declared value, with exact title as "evaluation package for audio pre/amplifier"

had just one mishap in Canada ( pinnochio) where Custom officer being on Crack piled off smd JFets with knife, probably thinking there is ton of cocaine underneath

Joined 2016
Paid Member
My package with the VFET pt2 parts from the diyAudio Store actually did get opened in customs ... They had a deeper look at the Frontend package with the Edcor transformers in it. At least they didn't break anything, and put a sticker on that they did open and inspect it ... :p

Attachments

• DIY VFET FE transformer package opened.jpg
    DIY VFET FE transformer package opened.jpg
    587.7 KB · Views: 130
  • VFET kit opened in customs.jpg
    VFET kit opened in customs.jpg
    555.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited: