modify Pass Zen V9 as Headphone amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Now I ´m using a Nichicon UKA 2200uF. In this case the Nichicon UKA has a leakage current of 4uA

With 330r offset is arround 1.62Vdc (-Out and positive rail as common). With 220R arround 1Vdc. I´m not sure if I´ll continue to decrease this value since I am affecting the output frequency. I'm wrong?

How should I calculate the value of the bleeding resistor?

OK, I have finally decided to use ground as common. I´m not sure why it does not work having B + as common :confused:

I changed bleeding resistance (300r) from B + to ground and yes, here it´s work. I have just about 20~0mVdc offset.

I think that the final layout is this:

Attachments

• F2 HA mod definitivo. .png
    F2 HA mod definitivo. .png
    261 KB · Views: 292
nothing about DMM puzzle ?

Nop. Both Flukes are ok.

Second channel is working now. Same configuration (ground as common), Bias 12,6Vdc and 0Vdc offset.

Transistors are a bit hot so I need to use a box with not very large heatsinks.

I´m listening music with my headphones for test and all is correct, nice sound and total silence!! I want to try it with low capacitance and low sensibility headphones. :cool::cool:

I'm surprised at how well the C2M1000170D works. I had already used it in other designs but I had my doubts about using it here.

I have had both channels working all night. I used my radio (Does anyone still listen to FM?) and a 10K volumen pot with my test headphones (35 Ohm): Bias is totally stable and the temperatura is about 30 ~ 35º using a small heatsink.

I need some days to test it properly but my goal was to use this amp with headphones and now I´m thinking in adding some terminals and test monitors.

The only thing that will limit me is the power of the transformer. I am using right now (T80VA 0-18v X2).

PS: Thanks to Nelson and OllBoll for the design and to Zen and PRR for the support

Well, it's finally over.

My Zen V9HA:

pYGAruWl.jpg

LPdliaKl.jpg

For Papa :D:D:D:

MSyTjQHl.jpg

It has an output for low sensitivity headphones and another for high sensitivity. In the PSU there is a total of 75,000uF for each channel. It's pretty per my goal was to keep the ripple as low as possible (3mVac).

I think the C2M1000170D is a bit noisy but it works quite well despite not having a high transimpedance. I have measured about 209mA with 35R loads (2Vrms @ 1KHz). I think it's not wrong to be a V9.

I hope you like it. Any recommendation will be welcome.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.