Acceptable Idss Range for 2SK270-BL and 2SJ74-BL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Extremely tight matching. Sounds like you chose good units.

Russellc

We are perhaps in an odd point in history, where, for the for the finest reproduction of sound, the best parts are behind us. It is hard to imagine that we will have new products developed for such a small and shrinking niche. Fingers crossed on adaptation for parts for other uses, but a little hoarding seems wise.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
We are perhaps in an odd point in history, where, for the for the finest reproduction of sound, the best parts are behind us. It is hard to imagine that we will have new products developed for such a small and shrinking niche. Fingers crossed on adaptation for parts for other uses, but a little hoarding seems wise.

Yup, and I got into this jfet thing to stop chasing exotic vacuum tubes.

Russellc

I was digging thru the parts bin looking for anything I had to build a M2, or j first watt and somehow had stuffed a set of 2sk170 and 2sj74s in there back long ago(?). I used the 9v battery test with a DVM and found all to be very close to 10.5ma +- .03ma. I read that 8ma is the normal requirement. What might I need to do if I use these higher Idss parts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.