Pass F2(J)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Papa.Between F2j and Dlite, anyone compared distortions figures?

While I haven't compared a Delite to an F2J I have compared a F2J with an identical amp but where the CCS is swapped with a 150 mH 1 ohm inductor (Hammond 193V).

The distortion at 1 khz is pretty much the same but below that it starts to increase on the inductor loaded amp. The F2J has uniform distortion over all frequencies. My findings echo how the L amp simple sit performs with different CCSes but with a different baseline.

The main difference between the CCSes is efficiency, where the resistor Delite is the least efficient, the active CCS F2J is roughly twice as efficient and the inductor loaded amp is roughly twice as efficient as the F2J.

But if you have speakers that need some power and thus you need good distortion performance at more than a watt then I'll have to echo picoDumbs as there are better amps out there, like the F3.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.