What To Do With Those 2SJ28's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In his opening post,Michael Rothacher suggested the thread be used as a "scratch pad" for ideas pertaining to the remaining VFETs. Now that it's served its purpose, I vote for a new thread.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Nelson has come up with a catchy name for this final diy VFET kit. I can't wait to see! :D

...I was under the impression this was going to be a variation of the SIT 3 circuit or at least the output stage, but using Sony parts.

A follower circuit, eh? Hmmm. I wonder if Papa found an N channel device to play nice with the VFET so he can use an auto-former similar to what he did in the SIT-3.

Of course I'm really stupid and on medication, so I might be hallucinating!

:D:D:D

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Interesting!
Prototype PCB shows only one trimmer for adjustments, very convenient :D
This amp perform better with particular type of power supply ?

Provocateur, fishing answers :D
I believe that second trimmer is hidden behind the capacitor, as is the second optocoupler. Picture was posted for reason and I think we are not providing enough entertainment. Where are wild theories and “brilliant” ideas what this new surprise is about?
Does this amp use single or dual rail PS? From PCB wiring I’II put my money om dual rail.
Nobody asks what are two big capacitors doing there. Are they for output coupling? Don’t think so.
Are they additional RC filter for the power supply lines? Maybe.
Or are they AC bypass on some high value resistors in some new biasing solution? IDK, but those two capacitors are likely to be part of mentioned new trick.
More dumb ideas? Bring it on. :D
Someone will be spot on, only we won’t know who until official schematic is published.

..Nobody asks what are two big capacitors doing there. Are they for output coupling? Don’t think so..

If Papa have Nichicon Fine Gold on the board ~ 6800 uF this is for output DC coupling..10000uF is for something else : filtering.
Let's speculate :idea: something similar but with new trick to MuFo MoFo | AudioMaker

Attachments

• 45466EE8-EA9B-4D1D-849A-5B2BBF90FEB2.JPG
    45466EE8-EA9B-4D1D-849A-5B2BBF90FEB2.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 416
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.