BA-1 with BA-3 front end board

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Holy Moly! I’ve been doing what I should have earlier, checking out all the threads. I had lost track of just how many amusing Pass amps and variations of them by wackoo helpful guys there are. Thanks ZM for your help. What I really need now is to go through my collection of chassis, parts and circuit boards. Back in the day I was involved with production of various PCB, and I have a stack of ‘em I should look through. I have various chassis’ with complementary OS which I should finish up with parts I have, as I love my F-4’s. And considering that I dragged all that stuff down here to Costa Rica, it will be much more convenient to use what I have.....

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Ah...... "Klunk!" in Zen Modish means "transition from Class A to Class AB". Well I'm afraid I don't follow every ZM post so it meant nothing to me. But I do remember Nelson's explanation that there isn't a radical transition from A to AB (or "klunk") in complementary amps.

Class A/AB is a lot easier to deal with for large amps. High output pure Class A starts to get out of hand quickly, making smaller output Class A amps more appealing!
I may pursue such amps in the future, but at the moment I'll focus on the 2 complementary Class A/AB chassis' with output devices and PSU's that I haven't gotten to yet!

Last edited: