Tweeter and Midrange Class A Amps for a 4 way active system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for options for a tweeter and midrange amps for my Focal Utopia EM active clones. They use the original tweeter, midrange and midwoofer from the EM but the woofer is from the old Utopia subwoofer. Crossed at 80, 220 and 2200 like the original Utopia EM. I am leaning towards either First Watt F7 or Pass Labs XA25(one for tweeters, one for mids). Are they suitable for tweeter/ midrange duty? Is the XA25 substantially better than the F7? Anything else in Class A I should be looking at without breaking the bank? Thanks in advance.

The mid range driver covering 220Hz to 2200Hz will be taking most of the total power.
Is your mid driver particularly efficient?
If not, then you are going to need a fair bit of power to get adequate volume from this part of the frequency range. Maybe ClassA is not suitable for this mid.

The mid range driver covering 220Hz to 2200Hz will be taking most of the total power.
Is your mid driver particularly efficient?
If not, then you are going to need a fair bit of power to get adequate volume from this part of the frequency range. Maybe ClassA is not suitable for this mid.

The mids are Focal 6W9455; I've no idea about the efficiency. They are the power flower design; the efficiency should be quite good. This is what they look like:
Focal Grande Utopia Replacement 6.5" Midrange Driver (6W9451) | The Music Room

My room is not terribly big either.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.